Posts that lsmod is monitoring

Subscribe to Posts that lsmod is monitoring 11 post(s) found

Jun 19, 2014
Avatar apb 6 post(s)

Topic: Multisnipe disabled

Using version JBW 2.5.6 in Linux (ubuntu 12.04). I get a multisnipe disabled message. Is there a fix?

For the record, I’m not concerned about highest bidder or winning multiple auctions – I want to win multiple auctions.

Thanks!

 
Mar 23, 2014
Avatar zappram 290 post(s)

Topic: Zoombie articles that cannot be deleted

1. delete those items (again)

2. select under (FILE) menu, (CLEAR DELETED TRACKING)…..

3. Then quit JBW

4. re-launch and let JBW does it’s scanning etc…..

let me know if that helps.

 
Jan 15, 2014
Avatar Caljyody 4 post(s)

Topic: Bug: 2.5 remote DB not used

The remote database stuff seems to work, but every time I go back into the configuration it reverts back to localhost and user root with empty password. Took me a while to figure thhat out. When that happened and I saved the configuration without changing it back, jbidwatcher hangs on the next start. I’m using 2.5.3pre on Ubuntu 13.10.

 
Aug 12, 2012
Avatar Purity 10 post(s)

Topic: Bug: 2.5 remote DB not used

The remote database stuff works fine with 2.5.2. Thank you very much

 
Jun 22, 2012
Avatar Purity 10 post(s)

Topic: Bug: 2.5 remote DB not used

I’m quite happy to beta test if you want me to try the changes out?

 
Jun 14, 2012
Avatar Purity 10 post(s)

Topic: Bug: 2.5 remote DB not used

Brilliant, thanks Morgan. I look forward to those changes

 
Jun 11, 2012
Avatar Morgan Schweers 1,204 post(s)

Topic: Bug: 2.5 remote DB not used

Greetings,
I’ve committed some changes to hopefully do this right.

I changed a couple of places years ago, but the number of people using MySQL with JBidwatcher has always been too small to really find problems with non-green path usage, so it turns out I missed two hardcoded ‘jbidwatcher’ database names.

The next version, probably 2.6, will include those changes.

— Morgan Schweers, CyberFOX!

 
Jun 2, 2012
Avatar Purity 10 post(s)

Topic: Bug: 2.5 remote DB not used

I have the same problem. The remote database name is ignored in the config file. It seems like it has a hardcoded database name called “jbidwatcher”. If you create a local database with that name it works perfectly. So it is a bug in the code.

I’m hoping that this problem gets resolved asap. I will happily donate when it does, but for now, the tool doesn’t do what I need

I’ve created a bug report

 
Apr 24, 2012
Avatar ciuly 5 post(s)

Topic: Bug: 2.5 remote DB not used

And another pretty serious issue I notice is that when in remote DB, the snipes are not persisted. After I loaded jbid, the snpies I set yesterday were not shown.
I really need to be using this remote DB option as I’m using jbid at home and at work. Using a local DB would not cut it as the 2 places will always be out of sync from snipes point of view, at least.

Am I doing something wrong or is this really an issue?

 
Apr 24, 2012
Avatar ciuly 5 post(s)

Topic: Bug: 2.5 remote DB not used

I also noticed that it looses the DB configuration after closed and resets to user root and DB localhost with schema jbidwatcher.
so actually the problem is it doesn’t persist the DB configuration

 
Apr 21, 2012
Avatar ciuly 5 post(s)

Topic: Bug: 2.5 remote DB not used

My config says db.mysql.database=something but I look in the error log and see. jbid then hangs.

Access denied for user ’XXX’@’YYY’ to database ‘jbidwatcher’
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Access denied for user ’XXX’@’YYY’ to database ‘jbidwatcher’
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:406)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.getInstance(Util.java:381)
at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:1030)
at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:956)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:3515)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:3447)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:1951)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:2101)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.execSQL(ConnectionImpl.java:2548)
at com.mysql.jdbc.StatementImpl.executeUpdate(StatementImpl.java:1605)
at com.mysql.jdbc.StatementImpl.executeUpdate(StatementImpl.java:1524)
at com.jbidwatcher.util.db.Database.setup(Database.java:87)
at com.jbidwatcher.util.db.Database.(Database.java:52)
at com.jbidwatcher.Upgrader.upgrade(Upgrader.java:26)
at com.jbidwatcher.app.JBidWatch.main(JBidWatch.java:425)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at com.simontuffs.onejar.Boot.run(Boot.java:342)
at com.simontuffs.onejar.Boot.main(Boot.java:168)

Once I change the db in config and rename the schema, it works. So I guess the config setting is ignored.