Mac OS X Leopard - Spaces

Subscribe to Mac OS X Leopard - Spaces 4 post(s), 3 voice(s)

Hi,
I am using JBidwatcher 1.0.3pre2 with Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.2 and this happens:

Using Leopard, you can designate programs to show up in any of the defined Spaces (see the according Apple Leopard website for details if needed). This works fine with all programs but with JBidwatcher. This program shows up in the Space actually chosen, you may move it manually, but the automatic allocation does not work.

Since I like using JBidwatcher, it would be very nice if this functionality was available.
Thank you for your help,

dearte

Avatar Morgan Schweers Administrator 1,204 post(s)

Greetings,
Hrm; JBidwatcher doesn’t do anything special… I’m not entirely sure why it wouldn’t show up in the appropriate Space, but I’ve not actually tried that on my machine. (Oddly, despite having been an avid user of Desktop Manager, I haven’t really used Spaces much.)

I’ll poke around and see what I can find, for that also.

— Morgan Schweers, Cyber*FOX*!

Greetings ( + )!( + )

I tried using “Spaces” on my platform (G4 AGP Graphics) 1.2 Mhz processor and it worked just fine.
I used zone 2 for JBidWatcher and when I selected Zone 1 JBidWatcher didn’t appear in the active window.

Gifutiger

Hi,

ok, I found a solution for this as well. It is definitely related to Java versions. If I use 1.4.2, it works fine, only with 5.x there is the behavior I mentioned above.

Thank you,
dearte