The Webserver

Subscribe to The Webserver 2 post(s), 2 voice(s)

Are there any plans to further develop the webserver?
I think it is the potential to be a great component and I have 2 feature requests that would make it much more usefull.
1) The first is simply an ease of use thing; add a box to set the port the internal webserver is to listen on in the configuration dialog. (the default is 9099 for people searching the forums)
2) Add the ability for users to place snipes via the web interface. Yes have the full interface with tabs (as you mention on this forum) would be nice, but simply adding a place snipe for each item listed would make it much more useful. An add auction by item number or sync with my ebay button would be very welcome too.

The reason for this is that I run a small headless server that runs 24/7 mostly doing a range og minor jobs. When I wish to snip an item on ebay I must then VNC to my server and manipulate JBidwatcher (it is already running on the server) just to set a snipe. Going to a webpage would be much easier and also possible from machines which do not have VNC installed.

Anyway thats just my 0.02$. Its a wonderfull app by the way. Thanks.

Avatar Morgan Schweers Administrator 1,204 post(s)

Greetings,

Some minor plans, but nothing concrete. I’d love to turn it into a more generic component, but I don’t know if I have that kind of time.

1. You can configure the port by changing server.port in the JBidwatcher Configuration Manager under the Advanced tab. Enter server.port, and enter the new port number, set, save, and restart.

2. There is a way to place snipes, at least I thought there was. (It’s been a while…) Ah; you click on the time left. (Yeah, real intuitive.) There used to be a way to cancel snipes, by clicking on the snipe amount, but that appears to have fallen by the wayside somewhere along the way. You can still do it with:

http://localhost:9099/cancelSnipe?id={item id}

There’s already an add auction by # at the very top of the page.

Thanks very much for the kind words! I hope to make the web server side easier to use over time also…

Best of luck with your auctions!

— Morgan Schweers, Cyber*FOX*!