Snipe apparently failed message........

Subscribe to Snipe apparently failed message........ 8 post(s), 3 voice(s)

Hi,
My program has stopped working. I get this message after the auction has finished.- “Snipe apparently fail as the auction can not be bid on anymore”
My bid is high enough to take the auction. For some reason, the program isn’t firing. Is this a known problem? Has others had this problem? If others have had this problem, please post here and let me know if you have been able to fix this problem. Any help, would be very much appreciated!! HELP!!

Also, I have donated to this jbidwatcher program and it doesn’t show up under donations.

Grandma Kim – aka – khoke5122

Avatar Morgan Schweers Administrator 1,204 post(s)

Greetings,
The donations page on Sourceforge is only for donations through them. It’s one of the reasons I moved my site and much of the project (except forums and bug/feature requests) off of Sourceforge, the more important reason being that they didn’t allow direct downloads. I’m working on setting up a site to support forums, bug reporting, and feature requests.

You probably got other messages along the way, before the end. There are many different possible problems, unfortunately. The most likely is a problem logging in.

Try to log in on the eBay site, and if it prompts you to enter some letters and/or numbers from an image, then eBay’s put up a ‘captcha’ on your account, which is intended to stop programs (like JBidwatcher) from logging in.

If you do a seller-search for ‘test-jbidwatcher-sales’, those are some test auctions that I’ve listed to be able to test the bidding features of JBidwatcher. If you want to test if bidding works, you can bid on those. They’re purely test auctions, nothing is being sold, and no money or feedback should exchange.

— Morgan Schweers, CyberFOX!

Hi Morgan,
I have no problem logging on to ebay and haven’t got any other . I found your test auctions and have set JBidwatcher to fire. The soonest test auction to end is 19 hours away. I also have a snipe set for something I’m interested in to fire in about 2 hours. I have also adjusted my PC-cillin Internet security. It has worked before with that program with no problem. I have recently upgraded that program and it kept my previous settings.I went into the settings and added it to my allowed list. The only thing I thought might have happenened was maybe PC-cillin was not allowing the program to fire. I guess I will just wait and see if it works. Thanks you for your help!

PS When
Grandma Kim- aka- khoke5122

Sorry.. I must have hit the send before I was finished. When I made my donation, I made it through the JBidwatcher program. I clicked on the “HELP” and the “ABOUT”. There was a link to PayPal to make a donation. I love the program when it works.

Sorry.. I must have hit the send before I was finished. When I made my donation, I made it through the JBidwatcher program. I clicked on the “HELP” and the “ABOUT”. There was a link to PayPal to make a donation. I love the program when it works.Grandma Kim- aka- khoke5122

Hi Morgan,
Just wanted to let you know JBidwatcher did fire on your tester auctions. The only thing I can think might have happened is my Internet Security(PC cillin) was keeping it from firing. That program will usually tell me if something is trying to connect. I then allow or deny. For some reason it didn’t with your program. I just went in to the part of the program that handles that and manually added the JBidwatcher program to the allowed list. That’s the only change I made. Maybe others will see this post and then check their Anti-Virus and Internet Security programs to see if that might be their problem before contacting you.
I thank you very much for your extremely quick response. You must have been sitting there at your computer waiting for a question or problem! LOL….You have a great program and I thank you for sharing it.

Best Regards,
Grandma Kim- aka- khoke5122

“If you do a seller-search for ‘test-jbidwatcher-sales’, those are some test auctions that I’ve listed to be able to test the bidding features of JBidwatcher.”

Can’t find these anymore, did eBay remove them?

I guess I could still test by bidding on something with some activity far in advance, like several hours, to try to ensure I won’t win.

Avatar Morgan Schweers Administrator 1,204 post(s)

Greetings,
I just reposted them. I mainly only put them up when I’m doing testing, as it’d be expensive to keep them always running. (eBay still charges me for putting them up, even though they’re in the ‘test’ areas.)

— Morgan Schweers, Cyber*FOX*!

Morgan, thanks.
Tho a bit risky, I’ve found a way to test. I search for “seiko watches” that end within 3 hours and that have at least 8 bids already (the latter is important). Then I find those auctions with about 1 hour to go and test-snipe just barely above the minimum needed. I also pick auctions that are under $100 just in case I buy the thing! So far so good.

It’s important to have several bids already, indicating good interest in the item and thus probably being out-bid with your test-snipe. Any item will do, so long as it’s moderately priced and has a following.