Shipping costs not populating

Subscribe to Shipping costs not populating 13 post(s), 3 voice(s)

Hi there,

For some time (on both v1.0 and now v1.0.1) shipping costs have not downloaded for any auctions so I have to enter them manualy. I am using the UK Ebay site, Windows .exe compiled version on windows XP. I have not noticed anyone else mention this as an issue, so perhaps it is just me. Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Tom.

Avatar Morgan Schweers Administrator 1,204 post(s)

Greetings,
Hmmm… I’m seeing shipping for some items. (Most, in fact.) Can you give me some items (that don’t have ‘Shipping Calculator’ enabled) that you’re not seeing shipping for?

There are lots of possibilities for why it might be failing. One thing to take a quick look at is to go to Configuration Manager, and look for ‘override’. You’ll probably see ‘override.ebayServer.buyItNow’ because that was something I pushed out for fixing BIN searches a few months ago. But you may also see some overrides for shipping (override.ebayServer.shipping). If you do find that, delete it. No overrides should be necessary as of 1.0.1.

In any case, if that’s not the issue, go ahead and throw a few item numbers at me and I’ll see what I can do!

— Morgan Schweers, Cyber*FOX*!

Thanks -
there was an entry called “Override.ebayServer.shipping” with value “(?!)Available to”
I have deleted this (hope that is Ok to do) and in came all the shipping costs!

Thanks,
Tom.

Greetings,

Yep! That’s exactly right… That change was needed a while ago, and I’m guessing it stuck around in the config file.

Glad that worked out for you!

— Morgan Schweers, CyberFOX!

Aaah, that was exactly my problem too. Is there any way you can auto-delete values like this in the next release? It took me months to look this up, I’m sure some people will never find the solution.

Actually, using the final 1.0.2 release (thanks for that), and I still have several overrides in place:

override.ebayServer.buyItNow = Always Fail This Search
override.ebayServer.itemNumberMatch = (QQ|&)[Ii]tem[=Z]([0-9])
override.ebayServer.itemNumberMatch = (QQ|&)[Ii]tem[=Z]([0-9]
)

Should they all be removed? If yes please auto-kill those next time too.

Greetings,

Huh! It’s funny to say, but I don’t recall offhand how I delete overrides. :) I’ll poke at it, and hopefully push out a silent config change later today…

Greetings,

Okay, the change has been made, and over the next day all shipping, buyItNow, and itemNumberMatch overrides will be deleted.

Excellent, thanks Morgan.

Argh, I just upgraded an old version to 1.02 – shipping didn’t seem to show again (turns out I just forgot to enabe the column, duh) and so I killed a couple of overrides again – only it seems these were important ones because now everything is broken.

I can’t figure out how to get the overrides back?

… live config updates are enabled. Is there any way for force an update?

Greetings,

Sure… Go to the Configuration Manager, the Advanced tab, and enter:
updates.lastConfig
in the key section.

The value should be 41. Change it to 0 and click ‘Set’, and then ‘Save’.

Now go to the File menu, and choose ‘Check For Updates’.

It’ll tell you that there’s no new version (unless you’re running 1.0.3pre2, in which case it’ll claim 1.0.2 is a ‘newer’ version, ignore it), but it will have updated the configuration values in the background.

To be safe, close and restart the program.

Hope this helps!

That worked, thanks. Considering 1.0.3pre just sniped an item I cancelled(!, see post in Announcements), I can now feel safer with 1.0.2 for today’s remaining snipes (busy day :)