Time-fix beta available on request...

Subscribe to Time-fix beta available on request... 3 post(s), 3 voice(s)

Avatar Morgan Schweers Administrator 1,204 post(s)

Greetings,
I have a potential solution to the time slippage problem. I’ll be issuing a call for beta volunteers to test it out for me.

The program as it stands in CVS (and thereby the beta) has a few display oddities, as I’m in the midst of refactoring the display code for future expansion, but it should be all pretty mild.

If you’re interested in trying it out and letting me know how it works for you (with all the dangers of just completely not working, that a beta implies!), contact me at:
cyberfox@users.sourceforge.net
and I’ll get back to you with a URL for the beta.

If you’d be so good as to include ‘timefix’ in your subject line, I’d appreciate it a lot, as it will let me filter and respond much quicker to those beta requests.

Other beta requests will still be handled, but slower.

— Morgan Schweers, CyberFOX!

Avatar (SF) Michael... 10 post(s)

I didn’t try your timeslip fix but my clock on Windows XP SP2 didn’t wander off after installing a “real” NTP service which is based on ntp.org sources (http://norloff.org/ntp/). The time service of XP has a 7 day update interval which seems to large for my setup. The ntp.org service measures the drift and updates accordingly.

My timeslip stays at 6-7 seconds after a couple of days without resyncing the server time. Before it would add up to 30 seconds and more.

If somebody has problems settings this up I’ve done some batch install scripts (for W2k/XP) which I could post in this forum. There are also setup packages somewhere for this service.

Avatar (SF) Kyle Ba... 6 post(s)

I tried emailing you to get the timefix beta but I got:

550 5.1.1 … User unknown

So I’m not sure if it went through or not. Anyway, maybe you could post a URL here to get the beta.