Update feature does not work!

Subscribe to Update feature does not work! 2 post(s), 2 voice(s)

Avatar (SF) larry-i... 4 post(s)

Well its broke again, kind of.

The auction prices are not updating nor are they migrating from the current tab to the completed tab.

Manual selection of update auction by menu or right click does not work either.

I think sniping is working as I did some test bids on undervalued auctions that I would not win.

I also did a couple of snipes successfully after getting the new version but can not confirm this problem was occuring then or after that so maybe sniping is still working? Lets hope so.

Can anyone else confirm this bug?

Is there any posts/documentation about this bug all ready that I missed?

Are there any late night plans to fix this latest ebay glitch?

Anyone know of another similar killer ebay sniper like JBid that is more ebay hardened against the dastardly ebay changes every week?

Can anyone confirm that even with this bug that sniping is still working as its suppose to?

I am running on a HP notebook using v 0.9.8 (latest) running Windows XP Pro -SP2 latest updates with Java Version 1.5.0 (build 1.5.0_02-b09)?

THANKS!
larry

Avatar Morgan Schweers Administrator 1,204 post(s)

Greetings,
If you close JBidwatcher, and re-open it, does it perhaps start to work again?

Do you have log files in:
C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\.jbidwatcher ?

Perhaps you could send me (or attach to a bug in the bug list) some (all?) of your most recent logs, if you do have them?

Sniping and Updating are seperated, so each can work if the other is broken, for some reason.

Other than that, everything appears to be working on my machines, so I don’t think it’s a new eBay change.

If there’s anything else out there more hardened against eBay changes, I’d LOVE to know how they’re doing it. Trust me that it’s not fun having to wonder, each week, ‘is this the week they’re going to ruin three to four thousand JBidwatcher users days?’

I do my best, and the latest versions are working even harder towards the goal of being repairable remotely.

— Morgan Schweers, CyberFOX!