where is shipping column?

Subscribe to where is shipping column? 6 post(s), 2 voice(s)

I just updated to v0.9.8
coreect me if I am wrong, but didn’t there used to be a column for the shipping fee?
There is the menu option to ‘set shipping’ but I can’t seem to find how to make the shipping column appear.

Avatar Morgan Schweers Administrator 1,204 post(s)

Greetings,
Right-click or control-click (on Mac OS X) on the tab, and there’s a customize columns option. In there is shipping, among many other customizations.

— Morgan Schweers, CyberFOX!

cool

what is the difference between ‘Max’ and ‘Max Bid’ ?
they seem to contain the same data

that is, on the [complete] tab..

they are different i notice on the [current] tab

but [current] ‘Max’ and ‘snipe bid’ seem to be the same and redundant..
and [current] ‘current’ and ‘max bid’ seem to be the same value, at least on my small sampling.

is there some page that explains these values?

btw, that [x] subtract the shipping option is a sweet addition :) -certainly helps when setting a multi-snipe with different s/h factors.

Greetings,
‘Max’ is a sort-of smart column, it shows the maximum amount you’ve bid OR the current amount you have set for a snipe.

‘Max Bid’ isn’t smart, it will contain the maximum amount you’ve bid, and if you haven’t bid, it’s empty. The same for ‘Snipe Bid’, it will only show the amount you have set to snipe. The best way to use ‘Max Bid’ is to put Max Bid and Snipe Bid columns in, and remove the Max column. This allows you to see what you’d bid, and what you’re going to snipe for, for instance. Most of the time it’s not relevant and so ‘Max’ is the best to use.

Greetings,
In the [current] tab, Max Bid, Snipe Bid, and Max are all different. Max Bid will show the maximum amount you’ve actually placed as a bid on eBay already. Snipe Bid will show the amount you’re sniping. Max will show the ‘Max Bid’ value if you haven’t sniped, and ‘Snipe Bid’ if you have placed a snipe on the item, but it hasn’t fired yet. (Once a snipe has fired, it’s just a bid, like any other.)

Current is the current price of the item as reflected on eBay, completely irrespective of YOUR max bid or snipe bid.

In re: the ‘Subtract Shipping’ option, yeah it’s pretty nice. It was a long-requested feature, and I had to clean up the sniping UI a bunch to make it work right. Glad you like it!