User agent

Subscribe to User agent 4 post(s), 3 voice(s)

I want to modify the User agent reported by JBid but I do not know if it is the Java runtime environment that is sending the UA or if it is the JB software.

Anyone know which sends the UA?

Avatar (SF) Michael... 10 post(s)

JBidWatcher sends the ua. It’s somewhere in the Java code.

Avatar Morgan Schweers Administrator 1,204 post(s)

Greetings,
It’s in Constants.java.

It’s one of the things that I wanted to keep centrally located, so it could change. I’m tempted to even move it out to a configuration file.

Anyhow, be careful! eBay has been known to send different HTML back when provided different User Agents!

— Morgan Schweers, CyberFOX!

So it looks like I would have to download the source and make the changes and then recompile?

I have a proxy server that does this for my browsers but JB does not work through it. I belive this is because my proxy server presents a certificate to be able to decrypt SSL connections and the java runtime environment is balking. (I see no way to import this certificate or accept it.) I get this error when I put the cursor over the upper right hand corner of the screen where it says “not logged in”: Sun.Security.Validator.ValidatorException: PKIX Path building failed: Sun.Security.Provider.CertPathBuilderException: Unable to find valid certification path in requested target