history of auctions using internal webserver

Subscribe to history of auctions using internal webserver 3 post(s), 2 voice(s)

Greetings. I have a problem with the jbidwatcher’s option “Use internal webserver”, which can be used to see old auctions, even after they have disappeared from ebay.
For the more recent auctions (say, the last 10 months), there is no problem: the auctions and pictures are displayed. However if I want to see a much older auction (which is however displayed on the list of auctions), I receive only a message “Item no longer appears on the server”. I checked the contents of the auctionsave directory, but as far as I can see, the appropriate files item#.html.gz and (sometimes) item#_[abcd]/jpg are existing and readable.

Can somebody shed some light? This is all done on Linux, with Firefox.

Thanks, Charles

Avatar Morgan Schweers Administrator 1,204 post(s)

Greetings,
A minor issue with JBidwatcher and closed auctions… Unfortunately JBidwatcher has to recognize that the auction is no longer valid in order for it to use it’s cached version. One way to do this would be to select everything in ‘complete’, and ‘Update’ them. The ones which aren’t on eBay anymore will generally become invalid, and they’ll be recognized as needing to load the cached version in order to see it.

This should work…but there’s a small chance that JBidwatcher might invalidate the on-disk data, instead, which would kind of suck.

Anyway, that’s the issue.

— Morgan Schweers, CyberFOX!

Thanks. I will give it a careful try. Charles