2.0.1 - Seller is now (unknown)

Subscribe to 2.0.1 - Seller is now (unknown) 16 post(s), 14 voice(s)

I got this because some auctions weren’t showing up when you tried to add them it said “already in list” well this version seems to have fixed that but now the seller names are (unknown) and the feedback column has n/a for all of them.

One auction does have currect values

Hi, I had the same problem. What you need to do is go and delete the auction files and the database that was created with the previous version of JBidWatcher. These all reside in the .Jbidwatcher folder (I deleted all the files except those ending in .cfg) and also delete the database folder (jbdb). This should cure your problems. I still have an Intermittent problem with the display of JBidWatcher (everything inside the JBidWatcher window goes blank) – does anybody else have the same problem or know of a “fix”?
I am running version 2.0.1 on a Win XP machine.

Hoddy

same problem Seller and High Bidder are now (unknown)
I am running version 2.0.1 on a Win XP machine.
dtech

Avatar Dominik Schmid 14 post(s)

Same here on OS X. Deleting the database is no option for me, I need it to keep track of the previous selling prices and such stuff. As long as it doesn’t affect sniping it remains a low priority issue for me though.

@ Hoddy: Don’t know if it the exact same problem, but I have large areas of the window going blank or not repainting (i.e. auction photos don’t go away and keep piling up).

I also have the buyer and seller unknown issue.

Same “unknown” error showed up within last day or so. Using v2.0.1 on Mac 10.5.6

I have the same problem – seller is (unknown). Mac OS 10.5.6. I’m having the problem again where it can’t get new items added to my watch list too. Don’t know if it’s related.

i am experiencing this also on os x 10.5.6 with version 2.0.1-825, but it is intermittent, if left long enough the program seems to repopulate the sellers and their feedback. could it be due to ebay rotating the format of the underlying pages from which the data is sourced? however if i reload jbidwatcher then the sellers repopulate straight away!

I had a ghost area in the columns, so closed JBW to see if a restart would clear it. On restart, JBW changed each seller name to (unknown) as it updated. I tried a manual update on one item and the seller stayed as (unknown). I closed and restarted and no change. I closed JBW again and let it set for about 10 minutes, then restarted it. This time as it updated, it changed each name from (unknown) to the listed seller ID.

JBidwatcher (2.0.1-825)
windows xp

Avatar Morgan Schweers Administrator 1,204 post(s)

Greetings,
Yeah, it’s the new format pages; I’m trying to figure out how to make it work right. I think I’ve got it. (In the early betas of the new format pages, there was a block named ‘Seller Information’, now they just call it ‘Seller Info’.)

— Morgan Schweers, Cyber*FOX*!

im also getting the seller unknown with version 2.0.1-825 & XP
ive added a few things im selling on ebay into jbidwatcher & its putting them into current section & not the selling section…

Have not been able to see sellers for over a week—all I get are sellers “Unknown.” I am on a Mac with 2.0.1-825

Avatar Morgan Schweers Administrator 1,204 post(s)

Greetings,
The sellers showing up as ‘(unknown’) is resolved in the latest pre-release (in very alpha right now): http://forum.jbidwatcher.com/forums/1/topics/1872#posts-5773

Still working on fixing other problems.

— Morgan Schweers, CyberFOX!

2.1.pre4-1010 still shows Seller “(unknown)” for ebay ended items 260453749218, 120455282212.

I added those 2 items to my JBW Pre4 and both showed the seller ID’s. I was in the (current) tab, but both are added into the (complete) tab properly.

I am using Mac OS 105.8

Only problem I see on my end is that all (end items) just stay in the (current) tab. I cannot even move them manually to (complete) tab. However, all of those (end items) from the (current) tab and the items in the (complete) tab can be move to the (recovered) tab.

interestingly –
END ITEMS will not automatically move to (complete tab) when the listing is ended, and also cannot be (sent) to (complete) tab manually.

However, they can be sent to (recover) or (my eBay) tab manually.

and once (sent) to other tabs, they then can be sent to the (Complete) tab then can be deleted.

Why? I don’t know, but as long as I can deal with them, it’s a work around and it’s working.