Missed snipe

Subscribe to Missed snipe 30 post(s), 13 voice(s)

2 Next →

Using 2.0 final… Snipe went thru perfectly. Unfortunately, I’m still a bit leery (or should I just say “gun shy”) about using JBid for a really important auction. I hope others keep posting so that I can feel more confident about this app.

I do appreciate the hard work from the developer(s). PLEASE keep an eye on these forums. It seems as if you’re getting some valuable feedback here.

NEW ISSUE!!! (Mac OS X, Version: 2.0.1-825)

In the CURRENT window, in the MAX Snipe column…
Instead of the usual " – - " display, I am seeing " $1.00 " – but not for all of the items … only for some of the items. Unfortunately, there is no common reason why some items have the " – - " and some have the " $1.00 " displaying. So I don’t know if this is random or some logic reason that I’m missing.

Can someone PLEASE reply to confirm that they are seeing the same thing? Thanks.

I’m also seeing some of my watched items with a Max bid of $1. Some of the items with a $1 Max bid have 0 bids when I check eBay, and the eBay auction pages do not show me having a bid in, so it’s not a big issue for me right now. I’m running JBW 2.0.825 on WinXP SP3 and using the U.S. eBay.

I think Ebay made some changes during the Friday “Service”. I have experienced the same problem of the MAX bid being £1 even though the minimum bid allowed is more than that. I deleted the items and reloaded using Beta 11 and they vanished. I also occasionally get the Seller & Buyer as “Unknown” – restarting JBidWatcher seems to cure this. My biggest problem is that version 2.0.1 only loads the items I am bidding on in “My Ebay” – it no longer loads my “Watched” or “Won” items. Has anybody any idea what’s happened?

Hoddy

Avatar Morgan Schweers Administrator 1,204 post(s)

Greetings,
Take a look at Ticket #733 as it’s probably the same issue. It’s eBay’s new View Item pages causing a JBidwatcher feature to fail. (The feature is to try and pick up/recognize bids you’ve made outside of JBidwatcher, so you can track them in JBidwatcher.)

It just thinks that the $1 is a bid you made outside of JBidwatcher. I’m looking at the new page to try and understand why it’s doing this, but read the ticket to see a way you can confirm for yourself that this is the problem.

— Morgan Schweers, Cyber*FOX*!

2 Next →