Adding auctions is impossible since yesterday

Subscribe to Adding auctions is impossible since yesterday 14 post(s), 11 voice(s)

Avatar SurfaceCleanerZ 13 post(s)

Hi,
Since yesterday evening I am not able to add auctions to Jbidwatcher. An Restart of Jbid doesn’t help. There is always the error, that the server cannot be reached. It happens with nearly all auctions on ebay.de. “Buy now” only articles can be added without any problem.
An example:
If I add it, it says: Cannot add xxx, either invalid or communication to server failed, then the display of my username in jbid is scratched.

updating existing auctions works, login and timeupdate also.

The second thing is: My own auctions are in the finished tab instead of selling.

This auction cannot be updated (no error message appears, but the displayed value is wrong. It says FP and 2.50 instead of the normal auction price of 54.10€.

Has anyone any idea?

Thank you,
Stefan

Ebay changed things, see http://www.jbidwatcher.com/

I use eBay UK and everything seems to be still working fine (Wednesday 29th Oct 2008 @ 18:30 GMT)! I expect it will get broken on Friday when eBay do there updates! Better get snipeing (sp?) ………. Hoddy

Avatar SurfaceCleanerZ 13 post(s)

Hello,
ok thank you.

It’s very interesting: This auction works any more: 310094982062

Auctions with a quantity of more than one are working yet I can conclude…

regards,
Stefan

Add me to the list of people who have this problem.

I’m bitching to ebay about this. Their approach of not showing auctions unless the seller ships to the registered ebay country is ridiculous. What does the registration country have to do with the shipping address – as if nobody ever buys gifts for someone in a different country.
Ebay is slowly but surely self-destructing if they keep this up. No wonder their stock is down twice as much as the Dow and they just got rid of over 1000 employees.

I’m im Germany and sor far I have no problems. JBidwatcher 2.0beta8 is still working normal.

I use JBidWatcher from Germany too. But I can see now only international auction on ebay.com.
How can you manage eg. German auction in JBidWatcher still???

Same problem in France :

= Existing bids in JBidWatcher continue to work.
= Impossible to add new French bid numbers.
= No problem to add some international bids (like Hong Kong…).

Let’s wait for new release… and many thanks to Morgan for his superb tool.

Hi eveybody,

if its of any help:

ebay germany: it seems that only auctions with paypal work – international or not. What a nice way to support your own daughter… regards and thanks for a great tool.

Ralf

@tortug1000 : sorry, it seem not to be a linked Paypal problem.

In France the problem is the same, paypal or not (and I think the problem is not here… with/without Paypal, its surely a false logical solution ;-) )

Avatar Morgan Schweers Administrator 1,204 post(s)

Greetings,
Oddly enough there is a Paypal issue in there. There’s a requirement for display on the ebay.com site that auctions have non-paper payment methods available. So if an auction is listed on ebay.de that doesn’t have Paypal available, eBay doesn’t allow it to be shown on the ebay.com site.

Since JBidwatcher does all its work on the ebay.com site in order to minimize the amount of translation necessary, JBidwatcher can’t load those auctions.

I’ve got a fix for the ‘loading’ part, in that I allow for creating different country-site-specific configuration files so JBidwatcher can load the item from your native country site if someone has gone to the trouble of figuring out the right things to put in the configuration file. I’ve demonstrated it loading auctions successfully from ebay.de. The part I’m facing a wall with is bidding, unfortunately. :(

— Morgan Schweers, Cyber*FOX*!

First happy new year to all !

A long time later :

Yes Morgan you are right, of course we have the same problem in France, if the bid is without Paypal, impossible to add it in Jbidwatcher, its a pity but its not all.

So i did a test which explains some “mysterious” problem i got with some bids (outside Jbidwatcher).

On a French bid without paypal payment I have modified the address, replacing “cgi.ebay.fr…” by “cgi.ebay.com” and we get a very bad/wrong message :

======
Dear User:

*Unfortunately, access to this particular item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in some countries. We are blocking your viewing in an effort to prevent restricted items from being displayed. Regrettably, in some cases, we may prevent users from accessing items that are not within the scope of said restrictions because of limitations of existing technology. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, and we hope you may find other items of interest on eBay.

Thank You.

Hit the return button to return to the previous page.*
======
This is wrong, wrong, wrong ! :-(

Of course no problem/message if the item can be payed using Paypal…

PS : In some of your post, here, you speak about a beta9, where is it ?

Same issue for me with this auction: 120357979017 (the vendor doesn’t offer PayPal as payment method), I have an italian eBay account.

I have problem with adding the auction, whne I added the auction Jbid show me: Cannot add auction 5, either invalid or communcation error talking to server.

Where is the problem?

Version 2.1.3
System: Windows Vista
Java 6 updated 5