What does (FP) mean??

Subscribe to What does (FP) mean?? 6 post(s), 5 voice(s)

In JBid, where it says the current price for the auction I added, it says $4.20(FP) and it won’t let me place a snipe.

What is FP?? Why can’t I snipe? Help would be appreciated!

FP means Fixed Price ie. Buy it Now. So you can’t BID or SNIPE, you have to use the BUY option.

Same question – I see “FP” on lots of auctions which aren’t actually Buy-it-Now auctions at all. To prove that point to myself I went on eBay and made a regular bid which it accepted with no problems. But the “Snipe” button is grayed-out on my options menu (using 2.0beta8 for Mac).

Sometimes a few shut-downs and restarts clears it away. Just mentioning it to see if anyone else has this problem on occasion.

Avatar Morgan Schweers Administrator 1,204 post(s)

Greetings,
Yes, that’s one of the outstanding bugs. It’s as if every so often eBay changes something on the page, and it sees it as a fixed-price listing.

I haven’t figured out what it is. It sometimes goes away when you close and restart (after the items are updated from eBay), which indicates that it’s a parsing problem with something they’re putting on the pages. I just can’t see what it is… :(

— Morgan Schweers, Cyber*FOX*!

version 2.0.1-825

Even though you cannot right click mouse to snipe
You are still able to go to Auction menu and snipe

Hope this helps.

Avatar Morgan Schweers Administrator 1,204 post(s)

Greetings,
This should be mostly resolved by the 2.1pre3-998 version.

— Morgan Schweers, CyberFOX!