Is it possible to stop updating auctions?

Subscribe to Is it possible to stop updating auctions? 3 post(s), 2 voice(s)

First let me say what wonderful software JBidWatcher. I am grateful to Morgan for his efforts.

I am in a bandwidth limited situation and because of that I am hoping that there is a way to stop updating auctions completely. I spend time each night looking for and setting up snipes for the next day or two. Then I minimize it and let JBidWatcher go to work. I have many items being “watched” with snipes set on several of them. Many times through the day each of my “watched” auctions is updated, with the period of updating increasing when as the auction nears the end. In my case, JBidWatcher is updating the auction price throughout the day even though it is minimized and no one is watching it.

I am hoping that there is a way to disable updating, something like “Stop Updates” button. In this mode JBidWatcher would just monitor the time (sync’ed with ebay) and fire off the snipes appropriately. If the snipe is high enough, great, if it is too low, it will just fail in the usual “snipe is too low” manner. I have used the “Stop Updates” which disables anything currently updating. But it seems to me, that when the next update period rolls around the auction updating begins again by itself. I would like that “Stop Updates” button to be “sticky” where nothing is updated if that is pressed. Updating could be re-enabled by pressing the “Update Auctions” button.

I can understand why some would want their auctions updated even though JBidWatch is minimized, that way they could open it up and have the latest prices. But, because I am bandwidth limited I would prefer to disable updating completely and only enable it when I am right in front of the computer ready to see the updates.

Is anything like that currently possible? Thanks again for this great software.

Kris

Avatar Morgan Schweers Administrator 1,204 post(s)

Greetings,

Erf… That’s a little difficult. Not impossible; but difficult. It’s not part of the software currently, though.

— Morgan Schweers, Cyber*FOX*!

Well I assumed that it wasn’t possible. I will continue to look into other ways to accomplish what I need.

Thank you for the reply, and thank you for this great software.

Kris