Icon

Subscribe to Icon 3 post(s), 3 voice(s)

I’ve downloaded the latest version of jbidwatcher (Windows) and it works fine, but I can’t seem to find a way to restart jbidwatcher once I have closed it. There is no icon on the desktop and I can’t seem to find a way of sending one to the desktop. Jbidwatcher has downloaded files and folders to C/Documents and Settings/Glen/.jbidwatcher, but none of these files can be used to start the program. The only way I can use it is to download it again each time I want to use it. I read a previous suggestion about the icon on this forum that says to right click on the file you downloaded (which file???) and select send to desktop (create shortcut), but I have tried this with every file in the above folder, and none of them work. I’ve also tried to right click on the program itself when it is running, but there is no option presented to send to desktop (create shortcut) when you right click on it.
I’m only an amateur computer user, and the previous version automatically added a desktop icon.
Hope someone can help. Cheers, Glen.

Your Documents and Settings/Glen/.Jbidwatcher is where your DATA is stored not the program. To run the program look under the Directory C:\Program Files\ for the jBidWatcher program. Now you might have to set your File Manager settings a little differently to be able to see the EXE program because the default is to not show registered files. If you have never used the Tools, View Files options before write back and I try to walk you through it.

Glen, Check out a previous post: http://forum.jbidwatcher.com/forums/1/topics/1135 which explains what to do.
Regards Hoddy