help

Subscribe to help 6 post(s), 4 voice(s)

I really need a software to monitor for newly added ebay items of specific category and keywords…

also to notify if there is a ‘buy it now’ item with less than specified price

thanks

I was looking for the same some time back. Specifically I was hoping to find some clever [mac] software application that would provide a ‘ticker’ type display of newly added e-bay items based on search criteria. A ‘really useful engine’ indeed!

Avatar Morgan Schweers Administrator 1,204 post(s)

Greetings,
You can do this without much difficulty in JBidwatcher, I think…

Because JBidwatcher includes a repeated-search feature and RSS feeds, you could combine them to extract the items that are closest to ending… If you want ‘most recently added’ that’s a little more difficult, but not very.

— Morgan Schweers, Cyber*FOX*!

Hi Morgan!
I guess I was looking for a RSS news feed for ‘buy it now’ items as they appeared on ebay; a dynamic ‘early bird’ type widget. The BBC provide a desktop ticker tape newsfeed with clickable headlines and had hoped that something like that was available for new ebay listings based on a user defined search criteria.

Jbidwatcher can be adapted/configured to provide a similar newsfeed of new e-bay items on a continuous basis?

I also need this

I also need to know the parameters of search urls

Not a terribly descriptive title in this thread – but I was nosey and looked anyway.

I could use a piece of software as described by User and Clanger.
Put a query out on the Mac forum half an hour ago and one guy came up with this:
http://www.iwascoding.com/GarageBuy/

Looks like it may do exactly what I want with the “growl” support as described under features. I’m going to try it out tonight.