Subscribe to Message : Bidding apparently failed for an unknown reason 7 post(s), 5 voice(s)

Hi to all

Since a week, I keep on getting this message, however the bid does go through so it’s not really a problem, but it’s quite annoying, any idea to how I can solve this issue ?

PS : Checking the Don’t Show this dialog again will not be considered an acceptable answer :P

Avatar Morgan Schweers Administrator 1,204 post(s)

Greetings,

It’s not particularly official, but I’ve thrown up an interim version for the various platforms at:
OS X
Windows
Linux
and of course
the source

The only change is the recognition of two new forms of post-bid page. I don’t know how many there are, so it may not fix all circumstances.

email me with the contents of ‘Advanced | Show last error’ if you find one I’ve missed.

— Morgan Schweers, Cyber*FOX*!

Hi,

The interim versions in the previous post cannot be downloaded. Instead, you get a page that says something to the effect that the files in the “beta” directory aren’t intended to be used anymore, and a link directing you to the sourceforge.net download area (which doesn’t have the 1.0.3pre1 files).

-Chris

Avatar Morgan Schweers Administrator 1,204 post(s)

Greetings,

duh I’m an idiot… I put them in the wrong place, and when I tested, I tested the ‘right’ place (where they were), not the place I said they’d be. :(

They’re in beta now.

Sorry ’bout that…

— Morgan Schweers, Cyber*FOX*!

Errors mailed @ your sourceforge.net mail…

I’m still getting this error with the new 1.0.2 update. Any newer versions I can use to get rid of this?

Hi,

I think there is definitely something wrong with time synching…
The previous versions worked perfectly for me with snipes, but 1.0.3pre1 is now failing on snipes.

With only 5 hours to go before an auction end, I synchronised the PC with an internet time server, then I synchronised JBW with Ebay.
This morning on checking, the bid had “apparently failed, as the auction cannot be bid on anymore”. That is, it had already ended.
The auction ended at 10:33:04 Ebay time, the last log entry is stamped at 10:32:34 with the above explanation.

PS: This isn’t a complaint! Thanks for your efforts in making JBW, it’s a greast piece of software!