site is down

Subscribe to site is down 8 post(s), 4 voice(s)

this is just fing perfect. the day I needed to get this program the site will not load, and all sites on the web link directly to this site. There are no mirrors.
if anyone has the latest version, send it to jmedran(at)gmail.com please!

Avatar Morgan Schweers Administrator 1,204 post(s)

Greetings,

My hosting provider took down the machine (unannounced) for service, and when they brought it back up again they unfortunately forgot to restart my site. I spent most of the last half hour on hold with technical support while they figured that out. :(

It’s back up again, though.

— Morgan Schweers, Cyber*FOX*!

I get a 503 error when I go to it.

what operating system are you on

actually the site is working now. thanks anyway.

Is there any way to bypass the referral from jbidwatcher and go directly to Ebay? This would solve the problems next time this site went down.

Avatar Morgan Schweers Administrator 1,204 post(s)

Greetings,

Yeah, it was part of the ‘Enable browse-to via affiliate’ checkbox in JBidwatcher, which I removed because eBay punted me from the program. Unfortunately, because they punted me, I pulled the configuration options from the dialog in 1.0.2, but didn’t pull the underlying code (it was a bit hectic at that point). :( The next release of JBidwatcher will have all the rest of the affiliate code stripped out; it was an interesting experiment, but sadly failed.

If you want to disable it in JBidwatcher, you should be able to go to the Configuration Manager (File | Configure), go to the Advanced tab, and enter ‘ebay.affiliate.browse’ in the ‘key’ field. For the value, enter ‘false’. Click ‘Set’, then click ‘Save’, and it should be all good.

The JBidwatcher site is back up again, however, so everything should be working fine… If it’s not, please don’t hesitate to let me know!

— Morgan Schweers, Cyber*FOX*!

Thank you, Morgan :)