1.0.2. down?

Subscribe to 1.0.2. down? 29 post(s), 20 voice(s)

← Previous 1

Hi,
after having run just fine 1.0.2. is not working properly after today Fr. Aug. 17
I browse to ebay.de on OS X.3.9. Imac G5.

Auctions won’t update, I get red eyes. Sign in works.
I can not synchronize to MyEbay.
Drag & Drop does not work
Adding auction manually won’t work.
Also tried browsint to ebay.com
Same trouble.
I can’t believe ebay made some changes again!?

All the best from Germany.
JBidWatcher is so cool, you just really realize how bad you need
it when it’s down.

Cheers
Marcus

I am getting the same problem at ebay.co.uk

JBidWatcher cannot currently load any item pages from the server.

David

hi

have the same problems at ebay.de
i browse to aby on linux

ptaku

Hi,
I can not synchronize to MyEbay

Fri Aug 17 10:52:17 CEST 2007: Getting the sign in cookie. [LittleBee@ebay: 17-août-2007 10:52:17 CEST/17-août-2007 10:52:17 CEST]
Fri Aug 17 10:52:30 CEST 2007: Loading page 0 of My eBay for user LittleBee
Fri Aug 17 10:52:30 CEST 2007: URL: http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyeBay&LogUID=LittleBee&CurrentPage=MyeBayWatching&SessionId=0&Watching.Page=0&MiniSubscriptions.Page=1&View=Watching&SubmitAction.ChangePage=x&ssPageName=STRK:ME:PAGE&FolderId=&GotoPage=1
Fri Aug 17 10:52:32 CEST 2007: Loading page: http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyeBay&CurrentPage=MyeBayBidding
Fri Aug 17 10:52:33 CEST 2007: No items on page!
Fri Aug 17 10:52:34 CEST 2007: Failed to load auction title from header: “Boutique Canon: DVD Video DC10 (remis à neuf) – (eBay item 160147363602 end time Aug-17-07 08:34:24 PDT)”
Fri Aug 17 10:52:34 CEST 2007: Failed to parse auction! Bad return result from auction server.
Fri Aug 17 10:52:34 CEST 2007: Not loaded (url http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160147363602).
Fri Aug 17 10:52:35 CEST 2007: Failed to load auction title from header: “Boutique Canon: DVD Video DC10 (remis à neuf) – (eBay item 160147363602 end time Aug-17-07 08:34:24 PDT)”
Fri Aug 17 10:52:35 CEST 2007: Failed to parse auction! Bad return result from auction server.
Fri Aug 17 10:52:36 CEST 2007: Failed to load auction title from header: “Boutique Canon: DVD Video DC10 (remis à neuf) – (eBay item 160147363602 end time Aug-17-07 08:34:24 PDT)”
Fri Aug 17 10:52:36 CEST 2007: Failed to parse auction! Bad return result from auction server.

I’ve reverted back to an old version JBidWatcher-1.0.1.1.jar which still seems to be working ok. Updates fine, not tested sniping yet.

Steve

Avatar Laurence Pas... 59 post(s)

Yes they’ve changed their title format again. JBW will need its properties file updated. If you have CVS you can recompile a working version by including this fix . It’s a simple configuration change so I would expect Morgan to release an automatic update later today.

Hi same red eye problem on ebay.co.uk

(320146408940)

Currently
£20.00 (0 Bids)
High Bidder

Shipping
£5.00
Seller
skylarkmarky
Listing ends at
Fri Aug 17 16:07:36 BST 2007
Events
Tue Aug 14 12:40:59 BST 2007: Communications failure talking to the server. (1) Tue Aug 14 12:40:59 BST 2007: Failed to load from server! (1) Thu Aug 16 00:07:49 BST 2007: Communications failure talking to the server. (1) Thu Aug 16 00:07:49 BST 2007: Failed to load from server! (4)

@Laurence pas….
Sorry I have no idea where to find that and fix it…
I work with Mac OS X 10.3.9

Cheers from France

Yep, broken again

Avatar Morgan Schweers Administrator 1,204 post(s)

Greetings,

If you’re having trouble with 1.0.2, go to the ‘File’ menu, and choose ‘Check for Updates’. It’ll tell you there are no new updates, but it will have silently loaded the two new strings for the matching code.

Your auctions should immediately start updating again.

Thanks to Laurence Passmore again, for the fix. I took his patch, and just put it (pretty much) straight into the update file, and it worked.

— Morgan Schweers, Cyber*FOX*!

Hi,

just got the update automatically (run “check for updates”) -> JBW is running again.

Thanks to Laurence and Morgan for quick reaction.

Cheers

Stefan

Avatar Frank P. fro... 71 post(s)

wow, great, Morgan is KING :) (and much like Arthur fighting the bad ebay )

Hey guys,

I just tried the Check for updates trick but I’m still not able to add auctions to Jbid. Did ebay change something again? BTW, you guys rock.

Greetings,

If you’re still having trouble, provide an auction # and I’ll take a look…

Avatar Laurence Pas... 59 post(s)

320147358423 was added correctly when I tried it. Just to be sure, you’re running 1.0.2 and both “Regularly check for new versions” and “Allow live configuration updates” are checked in the configuration dialog box, correct?

I was having trouble, but the “check for updates” cured my ills. Thanks immensely.

Ah. I didn’t have ‘Allow live configuration updates’ selected. I’m good to go now.

He’s done it again !
Thanks very much Morgan
What a crafty way to fix it, stereotypical leading edge programmer ?
:-)
I had Regularly Check for new versions and Allow Live config ticked but had to do it manually

Must remember to visit the forums as soon as I think it’s broke
And I remembered to drop some dough for the wonderful programme.
-Thouight it was GB pounds not US $ so it looks meagre. More next time
Mike

Oh and thanks to Laurence too
Mike

Hi guys—just found this keeno forum. As of Sunday, 8/19 11:26 CST, 1.0.2 is broken for me, will not add new auctions even manually, and I already had “regularly check for new versions” and “Allow live configuration updates” ticked. When I try to add manuallly, I get “invalid item or communication error.” Running “check for updates” didn’t help either.

Anyone else still having trouble, or is it just me? :-(

Oh, and I’ve got red eyes all the way down the list.

Greetings,

Hrm; virtually everyone I’ve talked to has had that resolve their issues.

It sounds kind of like some sort of a networking issue… Is JBidwatcher logged in? (The upper right corner should have:

{username}@ebay: {time}

If it’s got strikeout, or says ‘Not logged in…’, then there’s an issue talking to eBay in some way.

I’d also try (although I’m sure you have) shutting down and restarting JBidwatcher.

At the core, if JBidwatcher could reach the www.jbidwatcher.com site and pull the jbidwatcher.xml file, then it should fix the problem that triggered the latest issues. That said, here’s an alternative method to get the information into your version.

Go to the Configuration Manager (File | Configure), and go to the Advanced tab. In the advanced tab, under ‘Key’, enter:

override.ebayServer.titleEbay2

and for the value enter:

(?ms)(^eBay:|(.*\son\seBay.*)|(.*\((?:eBay\s)?item.[0-9]+.end.time.*\)))

Then click Set. Then do the same for the key:

override.ebayServer.titleMatch

to value

(?ms)^(?:eBay(?: Motors)?:)?\s*(.+?)(?:(?:.on.eBay)|(?:.-.)?(\((?:eBay\s)?item ([0-9]+) end time (.+)\)))

Click Set and Save, and if for some reason your JBidwatcher instance couldn’t pick up the jbidwatcher.xml file, that will basically do what it would have done.

But that’s the Really Complex way to resolve that problem, and really shouldn’t be necessary.

Also, if the keys already exist, then it’s probably not the same problem. At that point I’d guess at something preventing JBidwatcher from reaching eBay to view the pages.

Bless you, Morgan! I did it the really complex way, except that on the key steps (the latter two)I found that I couldn’t click “set” cos it blanked the screens. But just clicking ‘save’ seems to have done the trick. Uhh, for now, anyway. Mucho thanks!

Works the treat, thanks Morgan

← Previous 1