How to use with Firefox instead?

Subscribe to How to use with Firefox instead? 2 post(s), 2 voice(s)

Is there any way to have JBid open a window in Firefox instead of IE? IE just gives me fits with the security not working correctly. I tried to put the file location in manually, but it doesn’t open to the auction. Any help would be appreciated

Avatar Morgan Schweers Administrator 1,204 post(s)

Greetings,

You’re using Windows, I presume… Open up the Configuration Manager (File | Configure), and go to the Browser tab. Click ‘Detect browser’, and it should pop up the command used to launch your default browser.

That said, I strongly recommend you don’t override the detected browser. Instead change your default browser in your OS to be Firefox. JBidwatcher uses the default browser in your operating system (except under Linux where there isn’t such a concept, unfortunately). The text box for selecting the browser to run under Windows is vestigial, from way back when JBidwatcher couldn’t detect the correct browser under Windows. That hasn’t been true since at least Java 1.4.2.

If you go to a command prompt, and type:

start http://www.jbidwatcher.com

it will open up your default browser. If that’s IE, then that’s what JBidwatcher will open. If it’s Firefox, then JBidwatcher should be opening that. (If it’s not, try removing stuff from the Browser configuration tab.)

At the core, the best option is to generally trust JBidwatcher to do what your system configuration tells it to do, and then set up your system configuration to do the right thing.

— Morgan Schweers, Cyber*FOX*!