Problems logging in

Subscribe to Problems logging in 3 post(s), 2 voice(s)

Hi all,

Newbie alert … problems experienced may be due to the fact that I have no idea what I’m doing!

OK …
Ex-Windows guy now on OSX.
Have installed both the 1.0.1 (pre6) and now 1.0.2 and stil have the same problem.
JBidwatcher says “Not logged in … your log in information is incorrect etc.”
Log in info as set in the ebay tab IS correct and I can use exactly the same details to log in to ebay via a web browser.
Not sure what “Registered adult” is all about but have tried this on & off … no difference.
Site is set to ebay.com.au (I’m in Aus) but I’ve tried ebay.com also with no difference.

Here is a copy of what console is showing:

Sun Aug 12 10:58:02 EST 2007: Getting the sign in cookie. [ozboy7913@ebay: 12-Aug-2007 10:58:02 EST/12-Aug-2007 10:58:02 EST]
Sun Aug 12 10:58:05 EST 2007: JHTML.loadPage: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 501 for URL: http://cgi1.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?TimeShow&hc=1&hm=um.s5qj100
java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 501 for URL: http://cgi1.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?TimeShow&hc=1&hm=um.s5qj100
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1152)
at Http.receiveData(Unknown Source)
at Http.receivePage(Unknown Source)
at JHTML.loadParseURL(Unknown Source)
at JHTML.(Unknown Source)
at ebayServer.getOfficialTime(Unknown Source)
at AuctionServer.setOfficialTimeDifference(Unknown Source)
at AuctionServer.reloadTimeNow(Unknown Source)
at AuctionServerManager.messageAction(Unknown Source)
at PlainMessageQueue.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)
Sun Aug 12 10:58:05 EST 2007: ebay: Error, can’t accurately set delta to server’s official time.
2007-08-12 10:58:06.928 System Events206 .scriptSuite warning for attribute ‘currentUser’ of class ‘NSApplication’ in suite ‘SystemEvents’: ‘Accounts.User’ is not a valid type name.
2007-08-12 10:58:06.931 System Events206 .scriptSuite warning for to-many relationship ‘loginItems’ of class ‘NSApplication’ in suite ‘SystemEvents’: ‘logi’ is not the Apple event code of any known scriptable class.
2007-08-12 10:58:06.931 System Events206 .scriptSuite warning for to-many relationship ‘localUsers’ of class ‘NSApplication’ in suite ‘SystemEvents’: ‘uacc’ is not the Apple event code of any known scriptable class.
Sun Aug 12 10:58:17 EST 2007: Your sign in information is not valid.
Sun Aug 12 10:58:17 EST 2007: Disabling ‘adult’ mode and retrying.
Sun Aug 12 10:58:19 EST 2007: Your sign in information is not valid.
Sun Aug 12 10:59:18 EST 2007: Getting the sign in cookie. [ozboy7913@ebay: 12-Aug-2007 10:59:18 EST/12-Aug-2007 10:59:18 EST]
Sun Aug 12 10:59:22 EST 2007: Your sign in information is not valid.
Sun Aug 12 10:59:22 EST 2007: Disabling ‘adult’ mode and retrying.
Sun Aug 12 10:59:23 EST 2007: Your sign in information is not valid.
Sun Aug 12 11:06:06 EST 2007: Saving to: /Users/Stew/.jbidwatcher/JBidWatch.cfg
Sun Aug 12 11:07:38 EST 2007: Saving to: /Users/Stew/.jbidwatcher/JBidWatch.cfg

There is an auction I’m watching due to finish in 2 days. I have added it to JBidwatcher & it apears in the window.
I’d really like to have this working but am worried I wont get it together and will miss out on winning this auction.

Can anyone help?

TIA,

Stew

Avatar Morgan Schweers Administrator 1,204 post(s)

Greetings,

Unfortunately, ‘Your sign in information is not valid’ is a very specific error message. It means your username/password are not correct.

First off, I’d recommend re-entering your information in the eBay tab of the Configuration manager, and then shutting down and restarting JBidwatcher. It’s supposed to pick up the changes immediately, but for whatever reason it doesn’t sometimes. :(

Anyhow, if after restarting JBidwatcher, it still doesn’t work, then there may be a problem with the password. If you’re using any alt-key entry codes or certain non-alphanumeric characters (I haven’t figured out exactly which ones, as it’s a pain to keep changing passwords to test them), then it might be mis-supplying your password to eBay.

In any case, first try re-entering your info and restarting. That very often resolves the problem right there.

— Morgan Schweers, Cyber*FOX*!

Hello Morgan,

Eventually I got to look at this again!

I definitley had the correct password in JBidwatcher and a restart did not seem to change anything.
Anyway I thought I’d try changing to a simple password … the original one was generated by KeePass (32 characters).
So I went to ebay, changed the password to a new 10 character one, making sure to only use alpha numeric characters, put the new password into JBidwatcher and BINGO … instantly logged in!

I don’t think KeePass used non-alphanumerics … it can but I had this turned off and besides you can still read the password to confirm as much. Could there be a problem with passwords that are too long?

Anyway I am up & running now. Thanks for the help.
Now off to set up some snipes!

Stew