Deleting Searched Auctions

Subscribe to Deleting Searched Auctions 4 post(s), 3 voice(s)

I have several tabs devoted to searching my favorite items. When the searches return extraneous items or when the items have completed and I no longer want to keep them in my search list, I can delete them. But it seems the next time the search refreshes, it reloads all the current auctions I’ve deleted. Is there a way for the program to ‘remember’ the deleted items and not reload them with each search?

Under the File menu there is an item called “Clear deleted tracking”. Try doing that after you have deleted the unwanted auctions. When deleting, JBidWatcher merely hides the auctions but still keeps track of them, so you need to “delete” everything twice.

David

Avatar Morgan Schweers Administrator 1,204 post(s)

Greetings,

Is there a way for the program to ‘remember’ the deleted items and not reload them with each search?

Actually, he wants the deleted tracking… :)

JBidwatcher doesn’t continue to track the items, it actually just stores the auction ids, so it doesn’t reload them when it sees them.

In the Configuration Manager (the two checkboxes icon in the toolbar, or File | Configure), in the General tab, there’s an entry ‘Ignore deleted items in search results’. You want to make sure that’s checked. And in fact, you do NOT want to ‘Clear deleted tracking’, because if you do, search results will again return the once-deleted items (until you delete them again).

Let me know if that helps!

— Morgan Schweers, Cyber*FOX*!

That did the trick, thanks. (And thanks for a great program!)