Quantities for multisnipes?

Subscribe to Quantities for multisnipes? 5 post(s), 2 voice(s)

I’ve noticed that there’s a disabled “Quantity” field in the Multisnipe dialog. Looking through the source code, it appears that it’s only used in dutch auctions. Is that true, or is there some way to tell JBW “I want a total of 3 wins from the following 15 auctions”?

As it stands, I just have to set up three multisnipes, each using a third of the auctions available.

- Joe

Well, for what it’s worth, I added the feature myself and make a patch file and sent it to Morgan. We’ll see what he does with it after he gets through with this latest slew of countering ebay’s counter-measures.

Avatar Morgan Schweers Administrator 1,204 post(s)

Greetings,

Yeah, unfortunately between work and such I haven’t had time to review it.

My knee-jerk reaction has been to put it off until I can have a general solution (snipe scripting) for all the various types of custom bidding strategies that folks want to implement. However it may be that a partial solution that works right now for the majority of users would be better than the general purpose solution that doesn’t come for a while.

I’ll take a look at the patch later tonight…

— Morgan Schweers, Cyber*FOX*!

There’s not a whole lot to it. I changed it so that the quantity is enabled on the multisnipe dialog, added a quantity variable to the MultiSnipe class, changed the XML reader/writer so that it saves the quantity and also reads it (and defaults to 1 if it doesn’t see one in the XML), added a couple of lines in the “Show Information” window showing how many other auctions are in the multisnipe and how many more items are wanted, and, finally, changed setWonAuction so that it decrements quantity and then checks if its zero. If it’s zero, then it goes ahead and clears the list. If it’s not zero, then it just returns without clearing the list and, as far as I can tell, all pending snipes for that multisnipe are still in effect.

Granted, I haven’t been able to test this yet because I’m a cheap-ass bastard trying to set the world record for the lowest price paid on a linksys router, so I’ve got about 20-30 auctions queued up and I’m losing each one by about $1. It won’t be until I actually win one when I will know if the multisnipes remain to grab me a second router.

By the way. You mentioned a script for bidding strategies. Is there a compendium here anywhere that lists all of the strategies that people are asking for?