Unhappy user giving up on JBidwatcher

Subscribe to Unhappy user giving up on JBidwatcher 4 post(s), 3 voice(s)

Thanks for Jbidwatcher. Use it for about 2 month untill July 19th. (D-Day for JBWer) With the restructuring of ebay and going over the Jbidwatcher code its clear is not going to recover and work properly.

At this point its just too unrelaiable to use if it works at all. Thanks anyway. Time to move on to a program that actually works correctly. Bye Jbidwatcher.

Avatar Morgan Schweers Administrator 1,204 post(s)

Greetings,

If you’d bothered to look in the Announcements forum, you’d see the latest pre-release up and running, with lots of folks quite happy with it. I’m trying to fix a few other more minor bugs before releasing it as a full 1.0.2 release.

Given your apparent needs and expectations regarding individual support and hand holding, I would strongly recommend one of the for-pay sniping tools.

Good luck with whatever auctions solution you find.

— Morgan Schweers, Cyber*FOX*!

Man Morgan…………you should really change the title to this thread.

I thought you’re pulling the plug on Jbidwatcher and I would have to find something else.

I find that jbidwatcher works extremely well. I have my snipes set at 8 seconds and ebay shows them coming in exactly at 8 seconds before the auction ends. Well there was one that ebay showed at 7 seconds, but only one. I find this absolutely amazing!

The only downside with Jbidwatcher compared to some web sniping tools is that it depends on your internet connection – not so much the speed, but it being up and operational. Unfortunately DSL and cable go down every once in a while and if the snipe has to go in right then, well you’re s…….d.

Otherwise I find that pre5 works just fine on OS X.

Avatar Morgan Schweers Administrator 1,204 post(s)

Greetings,

Man Morgan…………you should really change the title to this thread.

Good point. Done.

I’m still keeping JBidwatcher rolling. There are various reasons to choose software over a web service, but I won’t go into that here right now.

— Morgan Schweers, Cyber*FOX*!