Has ebay broke it? (19 July 07)

Subscribe to Has ebay broke it? (19 July 07) 134 post(s), 50 voice(s)

hi
bless you!! did the .jar and all appears well..was fudging around in it all afternoon and all it did was load in car part auctions..:-) xp system

Re: …….fixed-price (‘Buy It Now’) listings have an additional issue. Namely there is no longer any evidence of an ‘End Time’ on the listing. It used to be in the title, and for auctions it’s still in the body, but fixed price items have nothing clear that indicates when the listing ends… :(

For “Buy-it-Now” auctions, I see the end time in parentheses.
can you not use that?
Example:

End time: 17 hours 12 mins (Jul-20-07 12:15:39 PDT)

Hi all,

The fix worked for a snipe even though I didn’t win, sob…. So, I’d say “go for it till the full fix comes out”…

raman (on a Mac)

I forgot to mention before that the 1.5 version that Hans was so kind to post is running, adding auctions, and successfully sniping on my Linspire 5-0 (Debian) machine.
The inability to fill in the forum post except by pasting text is still kinda odd though.

Hi,
I have 3 OS in my computer ecosystem :) (Mac/Win/Linux) and I can build java, but I don’t know where going to checkout the CVS repository to test the last Morgan work (the old jbidwatcher.cvs.sf.net is not working anymore…).

Anyone have the actual working and updated address?

Thank you.

FWIW, SuSE Linux 10.0 is still unhappy although I do install all updates and patches released for this distro:
system@wxsat:~:44> java -Xmx512m -jar ~/JBidWatcher-1.0.1.1-java1.5.jar
Exception in thread “main” java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: JBidWatch (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:539)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:251)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:55)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:194)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:289)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:274)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:235)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:302)

However, it does work on my WinXP system.

Good work Hans, Big improvement on my Mac (10.4.10)

Now, some auctions can be added and update OK but others will not update and cannot be added.

This one was already in my list but with your .jar file will NOT update: (Red Eye)
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280134706281

This one WILL update OK: (No Red Eye)
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170132225030

I tried removing one that was not updating and trying to add it again but it would not add it to the list.

Interestingly, even before I changed to your .jar file, JBidWatcher still successfully sniped an item already in it’s list even though it had the Red Eye…

Avatar Morgan Schweers Administrator 1,204 post(s)

Greetings,

Wow… eBay’s all over the map on this one. Auctions, BIN+Auction, Motors, Mature Audiences, Stores, BIN-only (Fixed Price), all have much more different formats than they’ve ever had. :(

Stores items are especially broken; they have no start date, no end date, and no duration. They are ‘infinite’, and I don’t have a good way to show that…

CVS is available as described at:
http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=3914

I’ve checked in a few fixes for the various pieces, and it’s mostly working, but Stores are still fubared.

— Morgan Schweers, Cyber*FOX*!

Apart from fixed-priced items ther are other items broken (on MacOSX 10.4.10 with JRE 6 updt1 (developer)
All items from Austria (im in Germany) and one i cant see why: 170130243355

Konsole says:
MQ Caught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at ebayServer$ebayAuction.parseAuction(ebayServer.java:2327)
at AuctionServer.loadAuction(AuctionServer.java:656)
at AuctionServer.addAuction(AuctionServer.java:559)
at AuctionEntry.prepareAuctionEntry(AuctionEntry.java:289)
at AuctionEntry.(AuctionEntry.java:334)
at AuctionsManager.newAuctionEntry(AuctionsManager.java:320)
at JBWDropHandler.messageAction(JBWDropHandler.java:48)
at PlainMessageQueue.run(PlainMessageQueue.java:70)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:637)
maybe this helps.
Martin

Hi everyone, Great bit of software Morgan, must have saved me ££££, yes I’m in the UK. Second big thanks to Hans for getting a temp fix. I am running a Mac on 10.4.10 build 8R218 Java J2SE5 and Hans your fix is working, I have tried a “snipe” and that worked and it has updated all my ebay stuff. So Mac users can use this link http://tinyurl.com/2vpbrq

I am going to send an amount to Morgan via paypal as a thank you for your great efforts and quick response to the problem, I would like to think that everyone will donate something as “freeware” should be supported

Looking forward to the official new release, cheers, Malcolm

Great!

Big THX to Hans for the hack. Works great on my Mac running 10.4.10 with Java 1.5.

Cheers,

k.

Ok,
I have built the CVS version under my mac and I have tested it on my Centos Linux box, my XP box and of course under my OS X 10.4.10. All seems working well, I have made a bid and synchronized my eBay items on all three platforms without any problem.

Good work Morgan, as always :)

Im getting Konsole ogs with different items as already said.
plus:
Fri Jul 20 12:37:20 CEST 2007: Error parsing date (ul-20-07 03:23:03 PD), setting to completed.
java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: “ul-20-07 03:23:03 PD”
at java.text.DateFormat.parse(DateFormat.java:337)
at AuctionServer.figureDate(AuctionServer.java:761)
at AuctionServer.figureDate(AuctionServer.java:729)
at ebayServer$ebayAuction.parseAuction(ebayServer.java:2334)
at AuctionServer.loadAuction(AuctionServer.java:656)
at AuctionServer.reloadAuction(AuctionServer.java:691)
at AuctionEntry.update(AuctionEntry.java:1214)
at Auctions.doUpdate(Auctions.java:234)
at Auctions.doNextUpdate(Auctions.java:262)
at Auctions.check(Auctions.java:285)
at AuctionsManager.checkAuctions(AuctionsManager.java:104)
at AuctionsManager.check(AuctionsManager.java:130)
at TimerHandler.run(TimerHandler.java:68)
when a action that has endet shoult transfer to “complete”
when i want to stop jbitwatcher he wont let me:
Fri Jul 20 10:14:20 CEST 2007: Serious error, consider dying.
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

There seems to bee a memory leak (this was seen also with the working 1.01 – if i have to much items in “completet” – i use this as database for enedt items of the same thing to find the price i have to bid)
previous version destroyed the data from time to time and if runnung to long (1 week or so) cant also be stopped.

maybe someone can find this problemsas im not a programmer.
Martin

I have compiled the most recent version from Morgan’s CVS and compiled it on Mac OSX 10.3.9 with Java 1.4.2-12. I can report that most things seem to work again except for those related to shops (ie. Registered as a business seller). For them, some sales show up in JBidWatcher as ending months in the future when they have in fact already ended (eg. 320138511858). Other sales cannot be loaded into JBidWatcher by either dragging or copying, irrespective of whether they are an auction (eg. 320138806939) or BIN (eg. 200118062378, 320139468352).

Incidentally, I noticed when using Hans’ hack (which I also compiled) that similar problems existed (ie. although the sales would be updated they were sometimes updated with the wrong time). Perhaps other people should check whether their “updated” auctions are in fact correct.

I think that not all of the format changes by eBay have yet been captured in the updates, as these changes seem to differ depending on the type of sale.

David

David, could you email me a copy of your Mac CVS build please, I’ll put it up on my server for download as a binary for users like me who have no idea about this CVS stuff.

Nice one David – thanks very much for that.

This is the URL for the complete app zipped up – just unzip and go – works well for me on OSX 10.4.10:

http://www.macneto.com.au/JBidWatcher-1.0.2pre1.zip

Thanks again to David M :-)

I tried this with my Linux box and no joy:
system@wxsat:~:45> java -Xmx512m -jar ~/JBidWatcher.app/Contents/Resources/Java/JBidWatcher-1.0.1pre2.jar
Fri Jul 20 12:00:55 EDT 2007: Getting the sign in cookie. [RBEmerson@ebay: 20-Jul-2007 12:00:55 EDT/20-Jul-2007 12:00:55 EDT]
Fri Jul 20 12:01:13 EDT 2007: Loading page 0 of My eBay for user RBEmerson
Fri Jul 20 12:01:13 EDT 2007: URL: http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyeBay&LogUID=RBEmerson&CurrentPage=MyeBayWatching&SessionId=0&Watching.Page=0&MiniSubscriptions.Page=1&View=Watching&SubmitAction.ChangePage=x&ssPageName=STRK:ME:PAGE&FolderId=&GotoPage=1
Fri Jul 20 12:01:15 EDT 2007: Loading page: http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyeBay&CurrentPage=MyeBayBidding
Fri Jul 20 12:01:16 EDT 2007: No items on page!
Fri Jul 20 12:01:16 EDT 2007: PMQ Caught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.util.Date.after(Date.java:871)
at AuctionEntry.checkEnded(AuctionEntry.java:356)
at AuctionEntry.prepareAuctionEntry(AuctionEntry.java:318)
at AuctionEntry.(AuctionEntry.java:334)
at AuctionsManager.newAuctionEntry(AuctionsManager.java:320)
at JBWDropHandler.messageAction(JBWDropHandler.java:48)
at PlainMessageQueue.run(PlainMessageQueue.java:70)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Note, however, that unlike past attempts, there’s no problem with versions. I do see two auctions I’m running, as always, but have no success with getting the three auctions I’m watching:

As a follow-up to my earlier post, I have now come across two current BIN sales (250112869109, 200118062378) that, on my computer, are listed by JBidWatcher (1.0.2pre1, compiled using Java 1.4.2-12 on OSX 10.3.9) as ending on 31-Jan-70. I have been watching these two sales for some time, and they have both recently had their expiry time extended.

David

Tried this download for OS 10.4.8

This is the URL for the complete app zipped up – just unzip and go – works well for me on OSX 10.4.10:
http://www.macneto.com.au/JBidWatcher-1.0.2pre1…

Updates the current auctions, but doesn’t update the completed ones.

Greetings,

Ooof… Let’s see; David M., items 250112869109 and 200118062378 are store items, with no time information on the item details page. :( Right now, my version of JBidwatcher treats them as ‘now + 30 days’ as when their ending time is. Also, item 320138806939 was helpful, as it showed a hole in my CVS date-parsing code. As did 320138511858 where eBay has changed the ended-status text.

RBEmerson, your item 230146812451 is the same, a store item without time information on the page.

I’ve added a bunch of changes into the CVS tree, store items now show up as ‘N/A’ in their end-time and time-left columns, and always sort to the bottom. It’s kinda the best I could do, there…

I’m still having build issues, so I’m trying to get a machine closer than 800 miles away to be a decent build system. Generating the .exe files on Linux, mainly, takes a specific version of some tools. I’ll put up a Mac OS X and Linux build as soon as I can; they’ll be based on the Java 1.5 version, so 1.5 will be necessary to run them. The real release will, hopefully, be requiring only 1.4.2 again.

Just built from the CVS tree (with java 1.5.0):

First the .jar (for linux and windows)
JBidWatcher-1.0.2pre1.jar

Then the .app for better OS X integration
JBidWatcher_1.0.2pre1.app

huntz

In case you want to try this, I’ve been dealing with an endTime formatting issue which was not allowing me to get MyEbay items. Download the jar at http://bio.steve-hall.org/JBidWatcher-SMH-p2.jar

I can send the code if anyone cares – just email me, halls2@hotmail.com

—Steve Hall

I just downloaded the one built from the CVS tree (thanks huntz) and it seems to have the endTime fix, so don’t worry about the version I put up I guess – great work Morgan….

I have successfully compiled the recent CVS update under Java 1.4.2 for Mac OSX 10.3, and I can confirm that all of my previous eBay problems have been addressed. Thanks Morgan. I will, however, see if I can dig up some replacement problems for you (eBay is bound to have done something else unexpected).

By the way, lots of Mac users are still stuck with Java 1.4.2, since 1.5 is not officially supported for OSX 10.3. (A number of people have found that 1.5 will work on 10.3, anyway, but others have encountered graphics problems.) I therefore hope that the final version of JBidWatcher will not rely on 1.5 (or 1.6), and I am happy to continue to compile and test things under 1.4.2.

David

Huntz, I tried your linux version and died on that pesky java version issue:
system@wxsat:~:47> java -Xmx512m -jar ~/JBidWatcher-1.0.2pre1.jar
Exception in thread “main” java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: JBidWatch (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:539)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:251)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:55)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:194)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:289)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:274)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:235)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:302)

Greetings,

Try my latest pre-release build as referenced in:
http://forum.jbidwatcher.com/forums/9/topics/1035?page=1#posts-3015

It should be built with Java 1.5…