Recent Posts

Subscribe to Recent Posts 7,914 post(s) found

Feb 9, 2005

Comment Topic: JBidwatcher Tips and Tricks / Brief apology and status update

Thanks for the update, i can’t believe no one replyed to this yet. I wish you good luck with the upcoming surgery, it’s next week i understand?

As for the new realease, will it be possible to bind searches to tabs? Furthermore I personally think it’s a good idea to seperate the ‘current’, ‘complete’ and ‘selling’ tab from other tabs because they serve different functions. It will then for example be possible to have an item listed under the ‘current’ tab as well as under a custom tab. When it expires it will be listed under the ‘complete’ tab and still under the custom tab (with a different color).

Again, first of all, good luck with the surgery!

Feb 9, 2005

Comment Topic: JBidwatcher Tips and Tricks / big thanks

What a great tool jbidwatcher is, thank you very much! I tried a lot of commercial tools lately and was extremely disappointed with their crippled user interfaces and the limited functionality. Just couldn’t believe people dared asking money for these.

Jbidwatcher seems to be much more flexible. And i can’t believe it’s free either, thanks again.

Just made a (small, being a student) donation.

Feb 2, 2005

Comment Topic: JBidwatcher Help / Brief apology and status update

Peace and good health to you.

Feb 2, 2005

Comment Topic: JBidwatcher Help / Bids and snipings not working because...

Did something change over the past few days/week?

I added lots of items to watch from ebay searches. Then I tried to use jbw to load those items with the ‘search’ function as I normally do.

jbw reported ‘synchronizing’ then ‘done’ but none of the many new items on my enbay watch list were imported into jbw.

It worked about 2 weeks ago, which was the last time i ran it.

Is ebay trying to filter out snipers?

Feb 2, 2005

Comment Topic: JBidwatcher Help / Bids and snipings not working because...

everytime Jbidwatcher tries to login in, eBay asks for a new login prompt with visual confirmation (blurred numbers on colorful background). When I log in manually (via browser) eBay does this very occasionaly, while with jbidwatcher happens every time. So I cannot bid or snipe.
I’m using www.ebay.it.
Your tool really rocks! Hope you’ll fix this problem! Thx

Here is the log (with the debug option on):

Wed Feb 02 14:00:32 CET 2005: Bidding $12.00 on 1 item[s] of >> do it yourself! SONY ERICSSON UNLOCK KIT + CABLE!!!
Wed Feb 02 14:00:37 CET 2005: Found an unusual tag @ 4416… (D%0A&quant=1&BidBinInfo=5747544107)
Wed Feb 02 14:00:37 CET 2005: Found an unusual tag @ 4420… (&quant=1&BidBinInfo=5747544107)
Wed Feb 02 14:00:37 CET 2005: Found an unusual tag @ 4435… (p;BidBinInfo=574754410712.0)
Wed Feb 02 14:00:37 CET 2005: Found an unusual tag @ 4439… (dBinInfo=574754410712.0)
Wed Feb 02 14:00:37 CET 2005: Found an unusual tag @ 4449… (11">)
Wed Feb 02 14:00:37 CET 2005: Found an unusual tag @ 4461… (1">1">)
Wed Feb 02 14:00:37 CET 2005: Found an unusual tag @ 6080… (1">1">)
Wed Feb 02 14:00:37 CET 2005: Checking sign in as bid key load failed!
Wed Feb 02 14:00:37 CET 2005: Being prompted again for sign in, retrying.
Wed Feb 02 14:00:37 CET 2005: Getting the sign in cookie.
Wed Feb 02 14:00:38 CET 2005: Found an unusual tag @ 7370… (t" tabindex=“3” value=“Sign In Securely >”>)
Wed Feb 02 14:00:40 CET 2005: Done Getting the sign in cookie.
Wed Feb 02 14:00:44 CET 2005: Found an unusual tag @ 4416… (D%0A&quant=1&BidBinInfo=5747544107)
Wed Feb 02 14:00:44 CET 2005: Found an unusual tag @ 4420… (&quant=1&BidBinInfo=5747544107)
Wed Feb 02 14:00:44 CET 2005: Found an unusual tag @ 4435… (p;BidBinInfo=574754410712.0)
Wed Feb 02 14:00:44 CET 2005: Found an unusual tag @ 4439… (dBinInfo=574754410712.0)
Wed Feb 02 14:00:44 CET 2005: Found an unusual tag @ 4449… (11">)
Wed Feb 02 14:00:44 CET 2005: Found an unusual tag @ 4461… (1">1">)
Wed Feb 02 14:00:44 CET 2005: Found an unusual tag @ 6080… (1">1">)
+———————————————
| MfcISAPICommand=MakeBid&item=5747544107&quant=1&maxbid=12.0
+———————————————

…………
[CUT: html source of eBay page. If you want, I can post it]
…………

+——————end———————-
Wed Feb 02 14:00:44 CET 2005: Bad/nonexistent key read in bid, or connection failure!
Wed Feb 02 14:00:45 CET 2005: Wed Feb 02 14:00:45 CET 2005: 5747544107 (>> do it yourself! SONY ERICSSON UNLOCK KIT + CABLE!!!) – Bidding $12.00 apparently failed for an unknown reason. Check the auction
in the browser, to see if the bid went through anyway. (1)

Feb 1, 2005

Comment Topic: JBidwatcher Tips and Tricks / window too big

Hello,

I just installed JBidWatch on my 12" Powerbook (OSX), and it looks nice, except that the window is larger than my screen (1024×768) and there appears to be no way to resize it. Most of the window is in view, so this doesn’t impact the functionality of the program, but I thought I should mention it; one more thing for the TODO list.

Thanks a million for the software – great work!

Jan 30, 2005
Avatar (SF) jago pe... 2 post(s)

Comment Topic: JBidwatcher Help / How does bidding take place?

Dutch bidding? Nice didn’t know you could get that! Very handy for wanted stuff!

I’ll do a search a ebay UK straight away!

Jan 30, 2005
Avatar (SF) jago pe... 2 post(s)

Comment Topic: JBidwatcher Help / My bids are not registering on ebay

I also keep losing bids.

So I need to make test bids. But how?

I heard ebay have introduced built in Snipe tools. Is this right because I can’t see them?

In the meantime I’m going to try `bidwatcher` C++ for linux

Jan 28, 2005

Comment Topic: JBidwatcher Help / Running JBidWatcher

to add a launcher: right click on panel, choose > add to panel> launcher

fill in: name > JBidWatcher, command > java -jar /(directory where you installed it)/JBidWatcher-0.9.5.jar

if you want an icon, copy the jar file to temporary directory and extract the icon, move it to the install dir and then click on the icon and select browse, hen pick the correct file.

Jan 28, 2005
Avatar Morgan Schweers 1,204 post(s)

Comment Topic: JBidwatcher Tips and Tricks / Brief apology and status update

Greetings,
I’ve been involved in a number of things lately that have sucked my time away from JBidwatcher.

Mainly the transitioning out of my current place of employment, preparing for being immobile for a month and a half following some upcoming surgery (fixing the portion that never healed from the LAST time I had a major surgery a year ago), interviewing and landing a job for when I’m recuperated, and preparing to move to where the new job is. Most of that has been done, the surgery is roughly 2.5 weeks away. With luck, I’ll be off the painkillers within a week, and able to do some JBidwatcher programming while I’m laid up.

I’ve been keeping tabs on the bugs and such, although I haven’t responded to most messages. The fixed price/buy-it-now only bug (showing ‘null’ in the current price column) is fixed in CVS, ready to go whenever I launch a new release.

The primary problem with doing a new release is that I made a lot of changes to the UI table-layout code before things got crazy for me, and the column management code still has mild behavioral issues (not sorting quite right in some places, for instance).

I need ‘calm time’ to fix all this, and make it all work better.

I also REALLY wanted to find a good fix for the time-slip problem, before releasing. That one is still extremely frustrating, as I haven’t figured out WHY it happens yet. I can replicate it, but none of my attempts at fixing it have cleaned it up all the way.

‘Best’ is enemy of ‘good’, so if I can’t fix the time slip, I’m trending towards potentially still releasing a new version, but I need calm-time to focus on the code and fix it up in any case.

Outside of proxy issues (I recognize them, some I can fix, others I can’t), JBidwatcher is functioning well for the vast majority of my users.

I’ll try to help as much as I can, getting things together. I’m hoping to answer all my post-Jan 1 email this weekend, but it’s going to take a lot of focus from me to do that.

That’s my current status, and the status of the project. Please feel free to contact me, and ask any questions, and I’ll try to answer to the best of my ability. I’m cross-posting this on my blog and the two JBidwatcher discussion groups.

— Morgan Schweers, CyberFOX!

Jan 28, 2005

Comment Topic: JBidwatcher Help / Brief apology and status update

Greetings,
I’ve been involved in a number of things lately that have sucked my time away from JBidwatcher.

Mainly the transitioning out of my current place of employment, preparing for being immobile for a month and a half following some upcoming surgery (fixing the portion that never healed from the LAST time I had a major surgery a year ago), interviewing and landing a job for when I’m recuperated, and preparing to move to where the new job is. Most of that has been done, the surgery is roughly 2.5 weeks away. With luck, I’ll be off the painkillers within a week, and able to do some JBidwatcher programming while I’m laid up.

I’ve been keeping tabs on the bugs and such, although I haven’t responded to most messages. The fixed price/buy-it-now only bug (showing ‘null’ in the current price column) is fixed in CVS, ready to go whenever I launch a new release.

The primary problem with doing a new release is that I made a lot of changes to the UI table-layout code before things got crazy for me, and the column management code still has mild behavioral issues (not sorting quite right in some places, for instance).

I need ‘calm time’ to fix all this, and make it all work better.

I also REALLY wanted to find a good fix for the time-slip problem, before releasing. That one is still extremely frustrating, as I haven’t figured out WHY it happens yet. I can replicate it, but none of my attempts at fixing it have cleaned it up all the way.

‘Best’ is enemy of ‘good’, so if I can’t fix the time slip, I’m trending towards potentially still releasing a new version, but I need calm-time to focus on the code and fix it up in any case.

Outside of proxy issues (I recognize them, some I can fix, others I can’t), JBidwatcher is functioning well for the vast majority of my users.

I’ll try to help as much as I can, getting things together. I’m hoping to answer all my post-Jan 1 email this weekend, but it’s going to take a lot of focus from me to do that.

That’s my current status, and the status of the project. Please feel free to contact me, and ask any questions, and I’ll try to answer to the best of my ability. I’m cross-posting this on my blog and the two JBidwatcher discussion groups.

Jan 25, 2005
Avatar (SF) james tate 12 post(s)

Comment Topic: JBidwatcher Help / Running JBidWatcher

I’am using Linux Fedora2 and have jre-1.0.5 installed and
JBidWatcher-0.9.5.jar in my /home/user directory, If I double click on JBidWatcher.jar file, I get a window that opens up
in the filemanager that shows a large number of files that has
headings of | Size | Method | Size Now | Ratio | Timestamp
but no gui’s with tabs.
What has gone wrong ?

Jim

Jan 25, 2005
Avatar (SF) Jose Be... 2 post(s)

Comment Topic: JBidwatcher Help / Microsoft proxy - NTLM authentication

Forgot to add, that if I ping cgi.ebay.com from the command line, I get a ip address, so the problem isn’t dns.

“Pinging cgi.ebay.com [66.135.204.10]”

Jan 25, 2005
Avatar (SF) Jose Be... 2 post(s)

Comment Topic: JBidwatcher Help / Microsoft proxy - NTLM authentication

Does JBidWatcher work with a NTLM proxy? I’ve been unable to get it working, as I always get this:

Tue Jan 25 15:13:37 GMT 2005: Couldn’t sign in!
java.io.IOException
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.getInputStream(Unknown Source)
at Http.receivePage(Http.java:162)
at ebayServer.getSignInCookie(ebayServer.java:1025)
at ebayServer.getSignInCookie(ebayServer.java:1071)
at ebayServer.getNecessaryCookie(ebayServer.java:911)
at ebayServer.messageAction(ebayServer.java:522)
at PlainMessageQueue.run(PlainMessageQueue.java:29)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketFactoryImpl.createSocket(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.doConnect(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.a(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.https.AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.plainConnect(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.https.AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.connect(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getHeaderFieldKey(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.getHeaderFieldKey(Unknown Source)
at CookieJar.getAllCookiesFromPage(CookieJar.java:93)
at CookieJar.getAllCookiesFromPage(CookieJar.java:42)
at ebayServer.getSignInCookie(ebayServer.java:1023)
… 5 more

Jan 23, 2005

Comment Topic: JBidwatcher Help / Question regarding My Ebay auction loading

Thanks for clearing this up.

Cheers
Jean

Jan 21, 2005

Comment Topic: JBidwatcher Help / java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

Loaded it on my Redhat 9 Box used it last night(using vnc)
Excellent Tool…
Left it runningwent to bed
Got my 1st snipe :O)
BUT shortly after it fails so
anyone can advice?

Fri Jan 21 04:14:45 CET 2005: Fri Jan 21 04:14:45 CET 2005: 6735805261 (AMD ATHLON XP 2400 T-BRED CPU 266 MHz FREES/H WORLDWIDE) – Executing snipe! (1)
Fri Jan 21 04:14:48 CET 2005: Fri Jan 21 04:14:48 CET 2005: 6735805261 (AMD ATHLON XP 2400 T-BRED CPU 266 MHz FREES/H WORLDWIDE) – Successfully sniped a high bid on AMD ATHLON XP 2400 T-BRED CPU 266 MHz FREES/H WORLDWIDE! (1)
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Killed

Thanks guys

Jan 15, 2005

Comment Topic: JBidwatcher Tips and Tricks / alert when auction ending

Thanks for the great program. Any way you can incorporate an alert when the auction is ending? Perhaps you could make it so that we only get alerts for items that we check the “alert me” box. The user could also define how to be alerted (sound, email, etc…).

Again, thanks.

Jan 13, 2005

Comment Topic: JBidwatcher Help / Bid Alert/Version 0.9.5/JRE 1.5.01/Solaris 9

@Morgan:
==

Any hope that you provide us with a workaround, patch? Rainer

Jan 12, 2005

Greetings,
While I note that it’s working, I want to clear up the confusion about the browse target.

The browse target is solely for where the browser launches, when you say ‘open in browser’. It’s NOT what is used for actual retrieval of the item information.

Why is this?

Because JBidwatcher has to interpret the page, reading the labels from the HTML, and figuring out what the data after each label is. This is much easier to do (and maintain) for a single language, rather than implementing the same effective code for a half-dozen languages. Since all ebay sites share the same back-end database, I can look up the data on ebay.com, use a known set of labels to search for, and it is basically transparent to the end user.

I hope this helps explain the issue a little better.

Jan 10, 2005

I’m sorry, but as far as I know, there is no solution, jet.

P.S.
Cyberfox, As you read this, please tell us, if you do still think that this problem is within the Java-Code and if you have any Ideas about a workaround.

Jan 10, 2005

@primi:
===

Absolutely correct!
And is there any solution out?

Rainer

Jan 9, 2005

Hi Rainer,
if you do use an Proxy-server it might be the same problem as described in Topic “JBidwatcher and Proxy server?”.

Jan 7, 2005

Hi all,

we are running 0.9.5 version in this environment (see above).
During the start phase we can see this message:

Error communicating with the server

and later on

Successfully synchronized time with ebay

It’s no problem to add, search auctions but if we want to bid we get
a Bid Alert. The errorlog file says this:

couldn’t sign in javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Remote host closed connection during handshake at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source) at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$6.run(Unknown Source) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getChainedException(Unknown Source) at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source) at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.getInputStream(Unknown Source) at Http.receivePage(Http.java:162) at ebayServer.getSignInCookie(ebayServer.java:1025) at ebayServer.getSignInCookie(ebayServer.java:1071) at ebayServer.getNecessaryCookie(ebayServer.java:911) at AuctionServer.getAuction(AuctionServer.java:452) at AuctionServer.loadAuction(AuctionServer.java:496) at AuctionServer.reloadAuction(AuctionServer.java:545) at AuctionEntry.update(AuctionEntry.java:1174) at JBidMouse.actualUpdate(JBidMouse.java:1213) at JBidMouse.DoBid(JBidMouse.java:1099) at JBidMouse.DoAction(JBidMouse.java:1509) at JTabManager.actionPerformed(JTabManager.java:125) at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source) at CookieJar.getAllCookiesFromPage(CookieJar.java:42) at ebayServer.getSignInCookie(ebayServer.java:1023) Caused by: java.io.EOFException: SSL peer shut down incorrectly at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.InputRecord.read(Unknown Source)

(Of course our ebay Account with the password is correct!)

Any idea what’s going on here?

Rainer

Jan 7, 2005

For some reason it is working now. Don’t know what the problem was though.

Jan 5, 2005

I am trying to load the currently watched items from my localized (de) ebay site. Although I set the browse target to ebay.de the program still insists on querying my.ebay.com 1.

Is this behaviour intentional and did I misinterpret the meaning of the browse target? If this is the case how can I gather my watched auctions from localized ebay sites?

Jan 05 23:51:55 CET 2005: Loading page: http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyeBay&CurrentPage=MyeBayWatching

Wed Jan 05 23:51:55 CET 2005: No items on page!

I use version 0.9.5, Java 1.4.2_06 under FC3.