CANNOT DELETE COMPLETED ITEMS

Subscribe to CANNOT DELETE COMPLETED ITEMS 1 post, 1 voice

JBidwatcher v.2.1pre4-1010

Hi Morgan. First of all thank you – this software has already helped me win quite a few auctions. However in the last few versions I have experienced difficulty in getting the program to respond when there is more than one search in progress.

Specifically this means that I cannot delete completed items, and many auctions that are past completion date simply will not allow themselves to be removed at any point – even when there are no current searches.

Importing my e-Bay watched articles is also really hit or miss, as is also the case with auctions already won. I don’t know anything about Java, but I am willing to bet that it has something to do with the problem.

Another slight niggle is the fact that the popup information windows such as ‘About JBidwatcher’ do not allow copying of content. This is particularly annoying when trying to copy and paste info from an auction to a browser for example, such as when I want to find an auction on e-Bay and see the relevant information in more detail.
The search function is also very inaccurate – typically a very specific search will create hundreds of auctions that are entirely unrelated. Sometimes the sheer quantity of auctions found will lock up the program entirely…

What has improved however is the CPU and memory usage. This should never be a problem on a modern dual Pentium processor with plenty of memory, as is the case with my Acer Aspire 5920 laptop, but my old P4 desktop simply crashed or locked up when using JBidwatcher. I have not tried installing the latest version on that as yet due to time contraints.
I am running Vista Ultimate x64 bit on the Acer laptop.
Hope this helps…..

David L