2.0b2 "current" items lost

Subscribe to 2.0b2 "current" items lost 7 post(s), 5 voice(s)

Hi,

JBidwatcher 2.0b2 seems to lose the “current”-items sometimes after quitting and restarting on Mac OS X 10.5.2 on Intel!?

Buntbart

Same here this morning after restarting and opening JBW2.0b2 on Mac OS X 10.5.2 on a PowerBook.

The same problem is under WinXP SP2 :(

same probem here. Current and complete auctions will disappear after restarting JBidwatcher on OSX 10.5.2 Intel.

My path is set to

user/xxxxx/Documents/JBidwatcher/auction.xml

Yesterday, auction.xml disappeared once and I have to manually recreated the file. In my JBidwatcher folder, there are a lot of additional xml files with names like

auction-30Apr08_1008.xml
auction-30Apr08_0938.xml, and
auctions-29Apr08_1203-29Apr08.xml

It appeared that JBidwatcher is not reading existing database file and creating new files.

I am also getting the following on my error log

Clipboard: System, valid flavors: [java.awt.datatransfer.DataFlavor[mimetype=application/x-java-serialized-object;representationclass=java.lang.String], java.awt.datatransfer.DataFlavor[mimetype=text/plain;representationclass=java.io.Reader], java.awt.datatransfer.DataFlavor[mimetype=text/plain;representationclass=java.lang.String], java.awt.datatransfer.DataFlavor[mimetype=text/plain;representationclass=java.nio.CharBuffer], java.awt.datatransfer.DataFlavor[mimetype=text/plain;representationclass=©, java.awt.datatransfer.DataFlavor[mimetype=text/plain;representationclass=java.io.InputStream;charset=UTF-16], java.awt.datatransfer.DataFlavor[mimetype=text/plain;representationclass=java.nio.ByteBuffer;charset=UTF-16], java.awt.datatransfer.DataFlavor[mimetype=text/plain;representationclass=[B;charset=UTF-16], java.awt.datatransfer.DataFlavor[mimetype=text/plain;representationclass=java.io.InputStream;charset=UTF-8], java.awt.datatransfer.DataFlavor[mimetype=text/plain;representationclass=java.nio.ByteBuffer;charset=UTF-8], java.awt.datatransfer.DataFlavor[mimetype=text/plain;representationclass=[B;charset=UTF-8], java.awt.datatransfer.DataFlavor[mimetype=text/plain;representationclass=java.io.InputStream;charset=UTF-16BE], java.awt.datatransfer.DataFlavor[mimetype=text/plain;representationclass=java.nio.ByteBuffer;charset=UTF-16BE], java.awt.datatransfer.DataFlavor[mimetype=text/plain;representationclass=[B;charset=UTF-16BE], java.awt.datatransfer.DataFlavor[mimetype=text/plain;representationclass=java.io.InputStream;charset=UTF-16LE], java.awt.datatransfer.DataFlavor[mimetype=text/plain;representationclass=java.nio.ByteBuffer;charset=UTF-16LE], java.awt.datatransfer.DataFlavor[mimetype=text/plain;representationclass=[B;charset=UTF-16LE], java.awt.datatransfer.DataFlavor[mimetype=text/plain;representationclass=java.io.InputStream;charset=unicode], java.awt.datatransfer.DataFlavor[mimetype=text/plain;representationclass=java.io.InputStream;charset=ISO-8859-1], java.awt.datatransfer.DataFlavor[mimetype=text/plain;representationclass=java.nio.ByteBuffer;charset=ISO-8859-1], java.awt.datatransfer.DataFlavor[mimetype=text/plain;representationclass=[B;charset=ISO-8859-1], java.awt.datatransfer.DataFlavor[mimetype=text/plain;representationclass=java.io.InputStream;charset=MacRoman], java.awt.datatransfer.DataFlavor[mimetype=text/plain;representationclass=java.nio.ByteBuffer;charset=MacRoman], java.awt.datatransfer.DataFlavor[mimetype=text/plain;representationclass=[B;charset=MacRoman], java.awt.datatransfer.DataFlavor[mimetype=text/plain;representationclass=java.io.InputStream;charset=US-ASCII], java.awt.datatransfer.DataFlavor[mimetype=text/plain;representationclass=java.nio.ByteBuffer;charset=US-ASCII], java.awt.datatransfer.DataFlavor[mimetype=text/plain;representationclass=[B;charset=US-ASCII]]

I opened one of these xml file using BBEdit, and the file appears to be intact and nothing unusual. The very first line read:

Is it normal to have “?” in a tag. It seems strange even though I have no xml coding experience.

Avatar Morgan Schweers Administrator 1,204 post(s)

Greetings,
Yes, the ‘?’ character at the beginning is correct. That’s the xml header.

For the ‘auctions vanishing’ problem, I believe I have a fix for this. See the discussion on ticket #102 for more.

— Morgan Schweers, Cyber*FOX*!

Hi Morgan,

b3 seems to have the ‘lost current item’ problem solved. At least on my PowerBook OS X 10.5.2 everything is still listed even after rebooting the machine.

Cheers,

k.