Bid increments not actual

Subscribe to Bid increments not actual 9 post(s), 4 voice(s)

I won an item and I won it for the maximum amount I was willing to bid. Not that actual next bid increase.

Does bidwatcher not bid to the next increment?

Meaning if I decide $275 as the max amount I am willing to bid BUT the next highest bidder is only at $150,I do not want to have to spend $125 just because I put $275 in my max amount. I would expect to have my bid increased to $156 or so, not $275

Avatar Morgan Schweers Administrator 1,204 post(s)

Greetings,
That’s how it works; there’s no other way to do it. eBay operates that way.

Give me the item number and I’ll check it out.

— Morgan Schweers, CyberFOX!

Thanks Morgan,

I think you may have misunderstood my post.

Lets say for example something being bid on is currently $100 and has had little or no activity. I see there are only 20 minutes remaining in the auction and I feel confident that if I place a bid for $200 that I will win the auction.

However IF no one else bids on the item, I would expect to get the item for the next bid increment say $105 and not for the actual amount I was willing to bid. ($200)

Since I have downloaded your software, I have been playing around with several items for a dollar or two as trials. This way when I am really counting on an item I will be better able to predict my outcome.

Anyways to make a long story short, it was just an item that sold to me for $1.25. The highest bid was .99 so the next increment should have been $1.05 not the max of $1.25. Kibbles and bits here but when I am bidding a large amount and I pad my bid by a $100 or more I would hate to have to pay the full amount if no one actually upped the ante.

BTW

Sorry if my title of post offends, it was not meant that way.

I did just win an item for $215, my max bid was $217 so there was little padding but your software did bid the next increase like what I would expect. I have no idea why it jumped 25% on a dollar bid but at least ther was not any real money involved.

Greetings,
An item # would help; the most likely answer, though, is that the second highest bidder had actually bid somewhere between $1.00 and $1.24 (if they’d bid $1.25, you would have lost, because in the case of exact bid ties the earliest bid wins). The ‘current’ high bid was probably $0.99, because that was the minimum price.

No offense taken; my answer was curt because it was being written on an iPhone in an airport.

just wondering if magnuui checked for other bidders, including automatic bids. I guess it’s sort of obvious and I don’t want to insult anyone’s ability, but I didn’t figure it out immediately when I started bidding. There could be other early bidders with slightly lower maximums, or another sniper.

Morgan – I haven’t been able to log in all day, BTW. I posted the issue under Help.

Morgan,

I have a better understanding from your last reply. It is just that I did not see other bids and was curious because a lot of times I throw a lot of money on an item if I really want it and was hoping that just because I said I was willing to pay a gazillion dollars, does not mean I actually wanted to.

Here is an actual item 180435729780 where it worked just right, so far I have been very impressed with the way this works I have not tried the grouping yet.

I definitely give it a two thumbs way up!

Hello to all,
Sniping issue : when sniping a higher price than the winning bidder I do not obtain the item.
Under the “complete” tab my price is preceded by a little star (or asterik).
Does one knows what it means? Thank You

Greetings,
@forjb – That (the ‘*’) means there was an unknown error trying to bid on the item; hopefully it was logged and you can send me the log so I can try to figure out what happened.