Bidding and Sniping in 0.9.3pre1.

Subscribe to Bidding and Sniping in 0.9.3pre1. 1 post, 1 voice

Avatar Morgan Schweers Administrator 1,204 post(s)

Greetings,
For a period of time, eBay appeared to have broken sniping and bidding. It appears to be working again, but I’m afraid they’ll break it again.

On the other hand, I have to let people know that snipes WILL work right now… One known bug is that a bid on a reserve item that is under the reserve will appear to fail, even though it went through and you are the high bidder (albiet under the reserve!) Further, the color does not correctly reflect that while you are the high bidder you will NOT be winning the item. I’ve built a test-suite of auctions to list on eBay (Costs about $15 with all fees, so I’ll probably run it only once a week) which I can bid/snipe, etc., against, and test regularly. I’d like to build an automated test, since I can search for my seller’s account, and automatically identify the types from the auction title (reserve, private, bin, etc., is all encoded). This would make it much more efficient to find when they break something. The messed up thing here is that they UNBROKE it. I spent a while trying to figure out what they WERE doing, in case they re-rolled out the breakage, but couldn’t figure it out. For now, I’m redeclaring JBidwatcher usable. Stay tuned for updates…

— Morgan Schweers, a frustrated CyberFOX!