HTML Interface

Subscribe to HTML Interface 3 post(s), 3 voice(s)

Hello,
I’ve been using your program for quite a while and really enjoy the enhancements you’ve made to it.

What I would like to know is if you plan to enhance the HTML Interface in the next version? If not, would you mind if I made some enhancements and submitted them to you? I’ve already coded a fix for Bug 844101, because I need to use JBidwatcher through Apache using mod_proxy. I’ve also made a “current” page that only lists the current auctions. These have all been simple changes. I would really like to add the ability to multi-snipe, but that is a much more complex change and I wouldn’t want to do it if I’d need to re-do it with each version. Thanks for the great program!

Dan

Avatar Morgan Schweers Administrator 1,204 post(s)

Greetings,
The HTML interface needs a great deal of love to bring it up to speed… It was something I threw together in a brief period of time for my own purposes, and I still find it amazing that many people are using it.

I’m VERY willing to accept patches, although it’s been pointed out to me often by people who know open source better than I that I need to ask that you also assign ‘ownership’ to me, so that I can place it under my copyright with the rest of the code.

With that unpleasantness out of the way, I’m MORE than happy to accept patches that improve the usability of the HTML segment as I haven’t had the time to dedicate to that as I have with the main UI of the program. Definitely make your changes vs. the CVS version, although as of right now the 0.9.3pre2 code is tagget as JBidwatcher093pre2 in CVS, and released on the site.

You should find that your old patches apply relatively easily, as I don’t think I’ve made any noticable changes to the HTML display side of JBidwatcher.

Drop me a line with what you’d like to do!

— Morgan Schweers, CyberFOX!

aside from removing completed auctions once a week from the jbidwatcher dialog window proper(using vnc over network at that), i use the html interface exclusively. naturally i welcome any more work put into it