Time-fix beta available on request...

Subscribe to Time-fix beta available on request... 6 post(s), 3 voice(s)

Avatar Morgan Schweers Administrator 1,204 post(s)

Greetings,
I have a potential solution to the time slippage problem. I’ll be issuing a call for beta volunteers to test it out for me.

The program as it stands in CVS (and thereby the beta) has a few display oddities, as I’m in the midst of refactoring the display code for future expansion, but it should be all pretty mild.

If you’re interested in trying it out and letting me know how it works for you (with all the dangers of just completely not working, that a beta implies!), contact me at:
cyberfox@users.sourceforge.net
and I’ll get back to you with a URL for the beta.

If you’d be so good as to include ‘timefix’ in your subject line, I’d appreciate it a lot, as it will let me filter and respond much quicker to those beta requests.

Other beta requests will still be handled, but slower.

— Morgan Schweers, CyberFOX!

I did a snipe this afternoon with the beta and won the auction! I set it to snipe 8 seconds before the end and my bid was registered exactly 8 seconds before the end. I would say that it should have been a few seconds later though, or is is programmed that way?

The time out of sync problem seems to be fixed for me, when i resync it doesn’t change notably and it says succefully synchronized. Great!

Question: how often does jbidwatcher sync time or does it only sync on startup? I think it should be configurable

Avatar Morgan Schweers Administrator 1,204 post(s)

Greetings,
That’s great to hear!

Actually, JBidwatcher starts the process of a snipe a tiny bit before the auction actually reaches the snipe-time, to account for page-load lag.

JBidwatcher synchronizes time on startup, and roughly every 30 minutes after that.

— Morgan Schweers, CyberFOX!

Ah, so the timing is perfect then! tonight i will be doing another test at 4 second before end…

every 30 min should be fine i guess.. still if it’s not to much of a hassle, maybe you can make it possible to add a line to the config file for more or less frequent updates.

I tried 3 snipes set to 3 seconds before end. One sniped at 2 sec before, one at 3 sec before and one at 4 sec before end. I won all three auctions, perfect!

If i use searches pasted from an url the program gets very slow, and takes 100% CPU time. Only way to fix it is a reboot of the PC. This did not happen with version 0.9.5

0.9.5 timefix seems working fine here, max +/- 1sec after 24hrs. Great Morgan, could be included in the next rel.
Still having problems reading from my Watched items, some appears and some not… log reports strange tags for items not recognized by JBidWatcher.

Max