Can JBidWatcher do more than 1 snipe at once?

Subscribe to Can JBidWatcher do more than 1 snipe at once? 8 post(s), 5 voice(s)

Avatar (SF) Mark Ta... 4 post(s)

If two auctions of interest happen to be ending within only a few seconds of eachother (like 2 or 3), can JBidWatcher actually get bids in on both of them? Or could the time spend bidding on the first one cause it to miss bidding on the second one altogether, even if there was still plenty of time left before auction close?

I was going to ask the same question. I have two different auctions that end 20 seconds apart. Is there a way JBidWatcher can do this?

Yes.

It takes very little time to send off a bid. A machine-generated bid does not have to wait for a web page to come up. I suspect that Jbidwatcher can handle snipes that are microseconds apart….

I believe it takes about two seconds to place a bid (and receive confirmation and get ready for the next one) so unless you have your snipe-time set to close to the end it shouldn’t be a problem. Where you might run into problems is where a seller has placed dozens of auctions with the exact same end-time then you might have to adjust your snipe-time to get them all before time runs out.

Yours
Ivan

“It takes very little time to send off a bid…. I suspect that Jbidwatcher can handle snipes that are microseconds apart….”

It might take a computer a microsecond but my Roadrunner connection will take a lot longer than that. If we have our snipe-time set to close to the end, we will miss it. Not only that, but we can be beaten by lower bids that get there first.

You can have a higher price and still lose, unless you get there first.

“..It might take a computer a microsecond but my Roadrunner connection will take a lot longer than that…”

Umm…that’s not an issue. That’s allowed for in the timings. And you’re not really addressing the original question, which asked if JBidWatcher could send two snipes within a short time – say, two seconds. I believe (and Morgan can correct me if I’m wrong) that JBidWatcher can send out many snipes within 1 second. I don’t think that JBidWatcherneeds to ‘wait for confirmation’ before sending out another snipe. So people can safely bid on several items (within reason!) that are ending at the same time, and do not have to adjust their timings to allow for their multiple bids.

By the way, I was the one who pointed out that issue with a lower earlier bid – over a year ago now…..

May 2009, to be precise…..

I probably learned it from you, it has not happened to me. It is just that it seems like a lot of uninformed bidders are trying to make the last accepted bid, which is not what sniping people, or bids is about.