EBay changes webpages, no fun until ???

Subscribe to EBay changes webpages, no fun until ??? 5 post(s), 3 voice(s)

Avatar (SF) Roger T... 3 post(s)

Well, Ebays new webpages break the parser. Pull out your backup snipe techniques, and hourglasses. Chill out, I’m sure Cyberfox will be quick, don’t pester him.

Avatar Morgan Schweers Administrator 1,204 post(s)

Greetings,
Eeek! Is the 0.9.1 version failing to load items for you? It’s supposed to handle the new site.

Please give me item numbers, so I can test!

— Morgan Schweers, CyberFOX!

0.9.1 worked for me.

Avatar Morgan Schweers Administrator 1,204 post(s)

Greetings,
Okay, unfortunately, while I’ve managed to get the parsing mostly working, bidding (and therefore sniping) has an issue. It works, but it will never recognize that it works when it actually does it.

You’ll regularly get this message:

Bidding apparently failed for an unknown reason. Check the auction in the browser, to see if the bid went through anyway.

The bid will most likely have gone through. The problem is that while eBay was really nice, and provided the &bibo=1 mode for a while, what they didn’t do is treat the buying process the same. The bidding process now goes to a redirect, which brings you back to the original page.

Firstly, I don’t do redirects in the current version, so the text it gets is blank. Secondly, if I tell Java to follow the redirects, it doesnt’ re-send the cookie data to the new page, so it doesn’t load everything the way it should.

Anyhow, snipes and bidding will work, they just won’t SEEM to work for a little bit. I’ll have that fixed in a day or so, and release a 0.9.2, but in the mean time, everything should work, just…it won’t seem to.

sigh

Bear with me folks, this is frustrating for all.

— Morgan Schweers, CyberFOX!

Avatar (SF) Roger T... 3 post(s)

Oh, sorry didn’t know that a new version was available until just now, my problems were with the prior release (they were only minor in any case). Trying the new version now.

Time and price tracking are sufficient, my other bidding methods will work fine with that information available.

Ebay’s long term intention is to eliminate programs such as jBidwatcher (they want their own product utilized). But I happened to have successfully dealt with such intentions in the past, theses sorts of page changes will continue to periodically happen, but persevere! Ebay eventually buys whatever it cannot dissuade, e.g. Paypal, Auctionwatch, etc…