Tabs not working?

Subscribe to Tabs not working? 5 post(s), 2 voice(s)

Avatar (SF) Scott S... 11 post(s)

I downloaded and compiled the latest CVS version today, and it seems like tabs are flakey… When I first created a couple searches and renamed them, I saw two new tabs, then I deleted one of them, and created two more searches, and renamed, and no new tabs were created. It also did not show my search results anywhere! I tried several times, even quit and restarted jbidwatcher, and still I cant get new tabs to appear by creating searches…??
Am I missing something maybe?

Avatar Morgan Schweers Administrator 1,204 post(s)

Greetings,
Not to sound pedantic, but did you execute the searches, and did they return anything?

If nothing is found (either the search isn’t run, or the search returns nothing), no tabs are created… To be precise, they are created on the first instance of an auction being added that is associated with that search.

— Morgan Schweers, CyberFOX!

Yes, searches work. I even tried a URL copied from ebay that returns results. What is interesting is that if I try the same searches in the ‘release’ jar file downloaded from the site, the tabs seem to work fine. They just dont work in the CVS. However the jar file version seems to hang for me after a while (when it does a time sync)…

Avatar Morgan Schweers Administrator 1,204 post(s)

Greetings,
Hrm! Can you share a search with me, either here, or by email, that I can test it out on?

I’ve just been making a LOT of cleanup changes to the CVS version, including a change to the search URL, so it’s quite possible that I broke some subset of searches. I do test, and searches are working for me right now, including creating new tabs, but I might be doing a simpler or different search than yours.

Also, try the latest version from CVS, as I just made a bunch of changes to SearchManager and the general way that search results (and other stuff) gets added to the auction lists.

— Morgan Schweers, CyberFOX!

Well, latest CVS seems to have my 3 extra tabs, so I will keep playing… thanks!