search by close time

Subscribe to search by close time 2 post(s), 2 voice(s)

Avatar (SF) Scott S... 11 post(s)

Is it possible to do searches that will restrict the close time to for example only auctions that close within 1 hour? That would be a great feature if not…

Avatar Morgan Schweers Administrator 1,204 post(s)

Greetings,
Well, it’s not quite that simple, but it is possible.

The basic issue is that I really can’t match the complexity of all the possible eBay searches in JBidwatcher. So instead, I went for the ‘90%’ solution, the search that 90% of the users will be best served by.

I allow, however, arbitrary searches to be added through the ‘URL Load’ mechanism.

Go to eBay itself, and their rich search page. Set all the parameters you’d like, and then submit the search.

On the first page of the search, copy the URL from the Location bar at the top of the browser window with whatever key copies to the clipboard. Switch to JBidwatcher, and pull up the Search Manager page.

Change the dropdown (which initially reads ‘Text Search’ to ‘URL Load’. Right click on it and ‘Paste’.

Save, rename, and fire the search! It should load the results from your search into a tab named the same as whatever you renamed the search as.

This is my ‘advanced’ approach to loading searches, because it allows anyone to completely customize their search in ways that I couldn’t really duplicate without effectively rewriting eBay’s search mechanism.

— Morgan Schweers, CyberFOX!