Nuke Tab???

Subscribe to Nuke Tab??? 8 post(s), 4 voice(s)

Avatar (SF) Michael... 2 post(s)

Love the new tabs functionality, but what does the “Nuke Tab” option do differently from the “Delete Tab” option?

Avatar Morgan Schweers Administrator 1,204 post(s)

Greetings,
Hey! Glad to hear you like it!

‘Nuke Tab’ should delete all entries in the tab, as well as deleting the tab itself. (I couldn’t think of a better name…)

— Morgan Schweers, CyberFOX!

Avatar (SF) Michael... 2 post(s)

Hi Morgan,

So if “Nuke Tab” deletes all the entries in the tab and the tab itself, what does “Delete Tab” do differently? Does it delete the entries but leave the tab? Does it delete the tab and move the entries to a different tab automatically? Does it…?

Enquiring minds want to know. ;)

Greetings,
Sorry, I should have clarified.

Delete Tab actually just deletes the tab itself, and moves all entries that were in it, to ‘current’. (Or ‘completed’, although it suddenly strikes me that I haven’t tested deleting a tab that has items that have been moved post-delete…)

Nuke Tab was basically requested as a ‘more dramatic’ version of Delete Tab.

Avatar (SF) Thomas ... 3 post(s)

That was actually me (and maybe others) who wanted that feature. But it doesn’t work as I wanted it to :-(
When I nuke a tab and do the same search again (maybe the next day or so), I get all the items another time that were in the nuked tab.
What I really want to do is:
1. Define an automatic search with a given name once a
day or so.
2. If a tab opens, view all items and move the
interesting ones to current.
3. Nuke the tab and get rid of all the crap.

This way I will know for sure that there’s new stuff in the newly opened tab.
Nowadays I delete all the items first before nuking the tab (could just as well delete it).

Greetings,
Eeep? The ‘nuke’ option should be deleting the items, and putting them in the ‘deleted’ section, so they don’t get reloaded in the next search… If it’s not doing that, it’s a bug.

Avatar (SF) Thomas ... 3 post(s)

OK. so I will look into this once more. If I can reproduce this, I will report it as a bug.

Morgan, you mention a “deleted section” in this thread. What is that?

I have always seen auctions that were deleted come back again at the next search (on winxp). And, I had requested an “ignore tab” where I could put bogus search results, but your message implies that equivalent functionality is already there.

Am I missing something?

Thanks much for your efforts,

Bill