2.99pre5-2-g7251940 memory leak?

Subscribe to 2.99pre5-2-g7251940 memory leak? 5 post(s), 2 voice(s)

I’ve had an instance of 2.99pre5-2-g7251940 running on Ubuntu 14.04 since the 15th of February. It’s had nothing to snipe on, just sat running.

I’ve just gone to add something to snipe on and it seems it’s not well. The console history only goes back to February 24th but there’s a whole lot of error messages and JBidwatcher itself has a blank white screen and is unresponsive.

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Wed Feb 24 23:31:17 GMT 2016: Serious error, consider dying.
(Repeated every 150 seconds)

Wed Feb 24 23:54:54 GMT 2016: Error preparing query: SELECT e.* FROM entries e JOIN auctions a ON a.id = e.auction_id WHERE (e.ended != 1 OR e.ended IS NULL) AND (e.last_updated_at IS NULL OR e.last_updated_at < ?) ORDER BY a.ending_at ASC
java.sql.SQLException: Cannot issue commit in a nested connection when there is a pending operation in the parent connection.
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.wrapInSQLException(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.handleException(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.handleException(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.commitIfNeeded(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.ConnectionChild.commitIfNeeded(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.executeStatement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.executeStatement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.executeQuery(Unknown Source)
at com.jbidwatcher.util.db.Table.execute(Table.java:266)
at com.jbidwatcher.util.db.Table.findAllPrepared(Table.java:256)
at com.jbidwatcher.util.db.ActiveRecord.findAllByPrepared(ActiveRecord.java:123)
at com.jbidwatcher.auction.EntryCorral.findAllNeedingUpdates(EntryCorral.java:158)
at com.jbidwatcher.ui.AuctionsManager.check(AuctionsManager.java:106)
at com.jbidwatcher.util.queue.TimerHandler.run(TimerHandler.java:62)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Cannot issue commit in a nested connection when there is a pending operation in the parent connection.
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.wrapArgsForTransportAcrossDRDA(Unknown Source)
… 16 more
Caused by: ERROR X0Y66: Cannot issue commit in a nested connection when there is a pending operation in the parent connection.
at org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.conn.GenericLanguageConnectionContext.doCommit(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.conn.GenericLanguageConnectionContext.userCommit(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.commit(Unknown Source)
… 11 more
Wed Feb 24 23:55:02 GMT 2016: Exception during the check() operation of class com.jbidwatcher.ui.AuctionsManager
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.jbidwatcher.util.db.ActiveRecord.convertResultsToList(ActiveRecord.java:142)
at com.jbidwatcher.util.db.ActiveRecord.findAllByPrepared(ActiveRecord.java:124)
at com.jbidwatcher.auction.EntryCorral.findAllNeedingUpdates(EntryCorral.java:158)

Then hundreds of these without timestamps:

Then:

java.lang.OutOThu Feb 25 00:05:35 GMT 2016: Exception during the check() operation of class com.jbidwatcher.ui.AuctionsManager
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.jbidwatcher.util.db.ActiveRecord.convertResultsToList(ActiveRecord.java:142)
at com.jbidwatcher.util.db.ActiveRecord.findAllByPrepared(ActiveRecord.java:124)

And:

Thu Feb 25 02:15:22 GMT 2016: Serious error, consider dying.
Exception in thread “VersionChecker” java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

D

I’ve found most java programs leak horribly. I usually restart jbidwatcher every couple days or its memory usage grows to where my laptop has problems hibernating.

—Bushytails

I don’t run a lot of java programs but I’ve run the 2.5.x stable versions for many months at a time and not had any crashes or lockups.

The reason i posted the error details above is because the instability is something new and hopefully it will help Morgan get to the root of the problem.

I’ve just started a fresh instance of jbidwatcher with no items in the current list and i’m getting the errors below straight away.

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Invalid index
at javax.swing.DefaultRowSorter.convertRowIndexToView(DefaultRowSorter.java:499)
at javax.swing.JTable.convertRowIndexToView(JTable.java:2620)
at javax.swing.JTable.repaintSortedRows(JTable.java:4175)
at javax.swing.JTable.sortedTableChanged(JTable.java:4116)
at javax.swing.JTable.tableChanged(JTable.java:4395)
at com.jbidwatcher.ui.table.AuctionTable.messageAction(AuctionTable.java:110)
at com.jbidwatcher.util.queue.PlainMessageQueue.run(PlainMessageQueue.java:60)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
at javax.swing.DefaultRowSorter.convertRowIndexToView(DefaultRowSorter.java:499)

D

I think he’s already fixed that one in the not-packaged-yet version. It’s not related to memory usage. See if it goes away when you’re on the current tab, and appears when you’re on the completed tab.

I get different errors on the current and completed tabs.

When on the completed tab i get:

Exception in thread “AWT-EventQueue-0” java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Identifier not found
at javax.swing.table.DefaultTableColumnModel.getColumnIndex(DefaultTableColumnModel.java:282)
at com.jbidwatcher.ui.JTabManager$2.run(JTabManager.java:253)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:311)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:756)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:726)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)
Sun Mar 06 03:15:22 GMT 2016: PMQ Caught exception: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Invalid index

On the current tab i get:

D