JBidwatcher (2.99pre5-2-g7251940) wont launch on Ubuntu 15.10

Subscribe to JBidwatcher (2.99pre5-2-g7251940) wont launch on Ubuntu 15.10 2 post(s), 2 voice(s)

When I attempted to launch JBidwatcher (2.99pre5-2-g7251940) on Ubuntu, initially the launch of jbidwatcher.sh failed silently locking up the terminal.
In an attempt to debug, I modified the command within the shell launcher as follows…

java -Xdebug -cp lib/annotations.jar:lib/aopalliance.jar:lib/appbundler-1.0ea.jar:lib/apple.jar:lib/derby.jar:lib/guice-3.0.jar:lib/guice-assistedinject-3.0.jar:lib/jDeskMetrics.jar:lib/javax.inject.jar:lib/jdesktop.jar:lib/jl1.0.1.jar:lib/jline-2.11.jar:lib/jruby-incomplete.jar:lib/json_simple-1.1.jar:lib/jsoup-1.7.1.jar:lib/jsr305-1.3.9.jar:lib/l2fprod-common-fontchooser.jar:lib/mahalo.jar:lib/mysql-connector-java-5.1.7-bin.jar:lib/readline.jar:lib/txtmark.jar:lib/jbidwatcher:app/JBidwatcher.jar com.jbidwatcher.app.JBidWatch

.. in the hope that the -Xdebug flag would let me see where the process was failing. However the addition of this flag allowed the launcher to load without hanging, so I am none the wiser regarding the actual source of the initial problem.

I have posted this in case it helps anybody else stuck in the same situation. I am using ….

openjdk version “1.8.0_72-internal”
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_72-internal-b15)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.72-b15, mixed mode)

… and am actually running Ubuntu 16.04 beta, so there is a slight chance the issue is related to my bleeding edge installation.

Same situation on ubuntu 16.04. To start the program you have to use from a terminal thr command ./jbidwatcher.sh from the program folder.