2.99 pre4 - no drag and drop from browser

Subscribe to 2.99 pre4 - no drag and drop from browser 7 post(s), 3 voice(s)

Really annoying bug, always have been able to drag the url to JBW to add an auction, now, I get the circle with the line rejecting the drop attempt.

Adding it manually is a pain, find the auction number in tiny text on the page, highlight, copy, click the add, and Ctrl-V – blech.

Avatar Morgan Schweers Administrator 1,204 post(s)

Greetings,
So…for historical amusement’s sake, the reason I originally wrote JBidwatcher 16 years ago was because the program I was using didn’t support drag-and-drop (and wasn’t resizeable). The Add Item dialog was an afterthought, just for folks who got item numbers some other way that on the site. So if it’s not supporting D&D that’s a real big problem.

I tested this extensively with Chrome on Mac OS X before shipping, and I thought I tested it on Windows as well, again it would have been with Chrome. What browser and OS combination are you using?

— Morgan

Fails on both IE11 and Firefox in Windows 10…

Avatar Morgan Schweers Administrator 1,204 post(s)

Greetings,
I’m sorry, I know this is an awful answer (‘it works for me’), but I just tested it with a new install of Firefox and with IE11 on Windows 10 and they both worked. Dragging from links-to-auctions also worked on Edge, but Edge has no way to drag the current page anywhere(?! the heck !?) so I couldn’t test that.

It also works from Chrome.

Do you maybe have something installed that’s interfering?

— Morgan

Stopped the program, restarted it… now it accepts drag and drop. One time deal it appears…

I’m having the same problem. Two computers running Windows 7. One with IE the other with Firefox. Initially I got the circle with line reject Icon when dragging a URL. Restarting JBW I now get the “accept” icon, but the auction doesn’t get added. Adding it manually does work.

Regards

Andy

I’m having the same problem. Two computers running Windows 7. One with IE the other with Firefox. Initially I got the circle with line reject Icon when dragging a URL. Restarting JBW I now get the “accept” icon, but the auction doesn’t get added. Adding it manually does work.

Regards

Andy