Problems with latest Java release?

Subscribe to Problems with latest Java release? 3 post(s), 2 voice(s)

I have just installed the latest version of Java (jre-7u3-windows-x64.exe) on my Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit laptop.

JBidWatcher started acting funny (wouldn’t let me create a valid Multisnipe) and then refused to shut down. Had to reboot my laptop and force shutdown.

Now JBidWatcher won’t even start. No error -just nothing happens. I’ve tried both 2.2pre1 (which had been working fine for me before I installed the Java update) and 2.2pre2. Even tried 2.1.6. Also tried running as Administrator but that made no difference either.

Might just be coincidence, but anybody else having this issue?

I also updated Java (on Win7) today and JBW wouldn’t log me in to eBay. No other problems that I could see, and updating to 2.2pre2 appeared to fix the problem. However, when I tried 2.16pre6 again, it now worked, so I don’t know what the problem rally was.

OK – I tried a few things. Re-installed 2.1.6 – no joy. Re-installed jre-7u2-windows-x64.exe – no joy. Uninstalled jre-7u3-windows-x64.exe – jBidWatcher started OK (and logged me on to eBay).

Looks reasonably conclusive to me that there’s a compatibility issue with jre-7u3-windows-x64.exe.