Not logged in ... ('captcha') (2.0beta3 Mac)

Subscribe to Not logged in ... ('captcha') (2.0beta3 Mac) 3 post(s), 2 voice(s)

For about 3 days now, whenever I run JBigwatcher (2.0beta3), the program warns:

(eBay put up a ‘captcha’, to prevent programs from logging into your account. Login failed).

Alert:
Not yet logged in. Snipes will not fire until logging in is successful. Item updating has been enabled, but any features that rely on being logged in will not work.

====
Error log shows:
Tue Jul 01 21:10:07 PDT 2008: eBay’s security monitoring has been triggered, and temporarily requires human intervention to log in.
Tue Jul 01 21:10:07 PDT 2008: Couldn’t sign in, captcha interference!
====

I have no clue how to make this work and I cannot snipe no more.

Mac OS X 10.4.11 with latest update as of end of June and July 1. Please share your thoughts if you could? Thanks in advance.

Avatar Morgan Schweers Administrator 1,204 post(s)

Greetings,
Take a look at FAQ #10 for more information about captcha’s.

— Morgan Schweers, Cyber*FOX*!

I tried, not working well, so I change computer, and login at eBay, strangely, proper password did not work, and that ‘captcha’ showed up so I have to type in some numbers, and tried a couple of times, finally I login eBay.

I noticed eBay interface changed on (My eBay) page…… (could that be something to do with this also?)

Immediately, I went to change my password to a long and complicated one.

Well, now that I can login in JBidwatcher and I will try snipe a few things tonight and tomorrow.

*bold*THANKS*bold* for all the help. I love this program that helped me save a bunch on buying on eBay already…. Happy 4th everyone!