Lots of "JBidWatcher Saved Auctions" files ...

Subscribe to Lots of "JBidWatcher Saved Auctions" files ... 4 post(s), 2 voice(s)

Was running out of space on one of my drives and had a look in the JBidWatcher “Save File Path” directory.

There were a LOT of files called “JBidWatcher Saved Auctions-_” files there. Each file was around 2.5Mb, and it looks as if JBidWatcher has been saving a new version every 10 minutes. I have manually deleted most of them and my hard drive can breathe again.

Is there any configuration option which could reduce how often a new version of this file is created?

I am running 1.0.3pre2 on Vista Ultimate SP1RC1. I do not have Logging or Debugging switched on.

Philip

AFAIK, you can safely delete older auctions-.xml and error.log files.
An cron-job might work nice for you.

Thanks – these are .TXT files. I have deleted most of them, but a new one seems to be created every few minutes, and even with a big hard drive it’s becoming an issue.

Am I the only person who is seeing this? Is there any way I can prevent them from being created (or at least reduce the frequency with which they are created – I wouldn’t mind if it was a once-a-day snapshot).

Not sure that Vista supports cron …

Philip

Well, here we are over 3 years later, and I’m running 2.1.5 under Windows 7 (64 bit) and I STILL have this issue (except that the files have grown bigger – they are now over 3Mb each).

Every 10 minute JBidWatcher creates a file called “JBidWatcher Saved Auctions-_.txt” in the directory that I have nominated as my “Save File Path” in Preferences. I have even tried creating a brand new directory and they just get created in there instead.

Latest experiment: I have deleted my entry in the Preferences dialogue box. It has automatically entered C:\Users\Philip\.jbidwatcher\ for me, so I shall wait to see if there is a magical process that keeps the files in that directory under control.

In the meantime, if anybody else has a cure (or even an explanation), I’d love to know!